Bases Digest - June 23, 2015

Bases Team

Jun 23, 2015, 5:50:05 PM6/23/15
to son...@stanfordalumni.org

Welcome to the BASES Digest! We are excited to bring you your weekly email digest summing up the best events and opportunities happening in and aroun

Like   Tweet   in
Digest

Welcome to the BASES Digest!

We are excited to bring you your weekly email digest summing up the best events and opportunities happening in and around the Stanford entrepreneurship community. We look forward to bringing entrepreneurial events and opportunities to your inbox! Please look forward to the digest weekly in your inbox.

To keep up with the latest on BASES, check out the BASES Blog!

Best,
Christine
VP of Operations

Want more frequent BASES news and job opportunities? Sign up for the BASES mailing list.

What to publicize your event? Email us!

***

In This Issue:

Events for Students and the Community

6/23: Products that Count: Facebook Analytics VP on Big Data, Bigger Impact
6/30: Re-IGNITE: 2015 Stanford Ignite Reunion

Opportunities for Students

Yo Brand Manager Program
AirDev Coding Seminar

Opportunities for the Community

Lean Startup Conference Volunteer Opportunity
Asia Tour for Hardware Startups
TechCrunch Startup Battlefield Applications Open

***

Events for Students and Community

Products that Count: Facebook Analytics VP on Big Data, Bigger Impact

Tuesday, June 23 | Yelp HQ, 140 New Montgomery, San Francisco | 7-9 PM

The emergence of big data has given data analysts a more proactive role in driving business. This new world comes with a new set of best practices for leveraging big data and driving even bigger results. Facebook Analytics VP Ken Rudin reveals how to set up big data to deliver high impact business analyses and how to create a proactive data driven culture. He'll also dispel a few commonly held myths about big data.

Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/big-data-bigger-impact-tickets-17146733341.

Re-IGNITE: 2015 Stanford Ignite Reunion

Tuesday, June 30 | Stanford - CEMEX | 6-9 PM

Join fellow entrepreneurs and innovators for an evening of food, drinks, networking, and conversation. Nathan Hubbard, MBA '04, head of commerce at Twitter, will keynote the event. Event attendees will include past participants of Stanford Ignite and the Stanford GSB and Stanford alumni community.

To RSVP: stanfordignitereunion.eventbrite.com

6:00pm Registration
6:30pm Keynote speaker Nathan Hubbard in conversation with Bethany Coates, MBA '04
7:30pm Dinner, drinks, and networking with innovators from the Stanford community
9:00pm Event close

For more information on Stanford Ignite, visit www.StanfordIgnite.com.
Questions? Contact Katherine Booth at krb...@stanford.edu

***

Opportunities for Students

Yo Brand Manager Program

Have an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for startups? The Yo App (http://justyo.co) is looking for motivated students to join our new Student Brand Manager team to help us build something great together! We’re getting ready for something big at Yo, and we want to share it with campuses around the country. We chose Stanford as one of our initial launch schools for our Student Brand Manager program, and this coincides with our release of Yo 2.0.

Yo 2.0 is everything that you could love about the original Yo app - sending Yo’s / your location / photos + links to friends as well as subscribing to brands, but there’s also so much more! With Yo 2.0 you can create groups for your friends, family, workout buddies, happy hour crew - you name it (literally), and you can create a Yo group for it.

We’re excited about this - and we're looking for students at Stanford who are eager to get started with the launch of the Student Brand Manager program during the 2015-2016 school year.

Contact aus...@justyo.co if you have any questions about the program.
Interested? Fill out the application here: https://yo7.typeform.com/to/HvKdsj

AirDev Coding Seminar

AirDev is offering a free 4-day seminar (July 11-12 and July 18-19 from 10am-4pm)
at UC Berkeley to learn how to build a custom dynamic web application from scratch. They are looking for current Stanford students interested in entrepreneurship and building sites. No prior coding experience is necessary.

For more information: http://airdev.co/academy
Apply by June 26: http://airdev.co/apply_to_academy

***

Opportunities For The Community

Lean Startup Conference Volunteer Opportunity

The Lean Start-up conference will take place November 16-19, 2015 and bring together a diverse group of participants and speakers - from those involved in early stage start-up, to those at the top echelons of companies like GE and Intuit, to high ranking government officials.

Volunteer Opportunity:The volunteer team will take critical roles in the conference, and in exchange receive a Silver Pass (worth $850.00) so that they get a chance to learn from inside the conference, as well as attending the conference and taking advantage of those learning and networking opportunities. We also have affordable accommodation options for those who are traveling to the conference.

Interested? Fill out this form. https://lsp.formstack.com/forms/volunteer_interest_2015

Asia Tour for Hardware Start-ups

HWTrek is offering hardware startups and creators, from around the globe, a unique opportunity to visit manufactures, suppliers, and retail partners in Taiwan and Beijing this August 17-22.
15 selected start-ups will be awarded with US$1,000 worth airfare sponsorship and hotel accommodations.

This is a chance to gain firsthand insight into the hardware manufacturing process in Asia with visits to billion-dollar manufacturers that build products for technology leaders such as Apple, Sony, and Nest. The application deadline is July 17th and the details are available here.

Last year, there was a cohort of startups from Amsterdam, Ann Arbor, Auckland, Austin, Boston, Copenhagen, Hamburg, Istanbul, Ljubljana, London, New York City, Riga, San Francisco and Silicon Valley, Seoul, and Singapore. Among these startups were five affiliated with StartX.

To learn more and apply, visit: http://blog.hwtrek.com/?page_id=3520

TechCrunch Startup Battlefield Applications Open

Startup Battlefield is TechCrunch’s premiere startup launch competition. Applications are currently open (http://apply.tcdisrupt.com/) for Battlefield at TechCrunch Disrupt SF, September 21-23rd. The startups TechCrunch editors select to compete will pitch on-stage in front of some of the biggest names in tech. Last year, judges included partners from Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Founder Collective and SV Angel.

Companies receive coaching on their pitch from the TechCrunch staff, an exhibit area in the Disrupt Startup-Alley, invites to VIP events and, of course, TC swag. It’s all 100% free, and the benefit to contestants in terms of press, partner and investor attention is huge. To date, Battlefield contestants have raised 5.2B and 67 have exited.

email facebook twitter
1px
©2015 BASES | Business Association of Stanford Entrepreneurial Students, All rights reserved.
Web Version   Forward   Unsubscribe