A little philisophical about the right to bear arms.....

NATIVEGUN

May 22, 2009, 10:46:05 PM5/22/09
to STXGUNOWNERS
"Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it
tougher for sober people to own cars"

On the way home from the Coal Mine (the refinery), I avoided the
hustle of the Christiansted traffic and chose to utilize the blacktop
on the south shore instead. I sporadically use this route when I want
to clear my mind and dream of owning 100 acres, so I could shoot my
Weatherby 300 Winchester Magnum at a respectable distance suitable for
this rifle.

On the ride home my thoughts started to wander on the Second Article
of the Bill of Rights, and how it is often demonized here on our
island home. What bothers me most, is not understanding the origins
of this “Gun unfriendly” culture of ours (what I understand, I can
fix!) What I do understand from our history is how a few have often
misled the masses to get us to be we currently are. St. Croix was
once the King of the Caribbean when we had a Municipal Government, and
that was stolen from us. The Capital was once on our shores and one
Crucian sold us out to St.Thomas. So I might not know the origin, but
I do understand how the fraud was perpetrated. Just sit back and do/
say nothing.

If you listen to the news, I’m sure you’ve heard Commissioner McCall
and his “60% of firearms confiscated in violent crimes were registered
in the VI”. WHAT IS THE ACTUAL NUMBER? No one outside of the VIPD can
give you an answer. Not even the Office of the Attorney General knows
the number. I was told the answer might be three. THREE! For
goodness sake, Cecil Benjamin has crashed more Government cars than
that! From now on we refer to the 60% figure as “McCall’s fuzzy
statistics”. What’s unfortunate is Asst. Commissioner Francis is
starting to repeat these fuzzy numbers. On a national level, guns
not the evil duo were blamed for Columbine massacre. Now it’s the
Mexican Cartel and American guns crossing the border issue. Have you
seen the guns pictured in the reports? Primarily military grade guns,
grenades and grenade launchers. HHMMM… If these are the guns coming
from America, they could only be coming from our Government. So where
am I going with this? All these stories, all the recent accusations,
all these attacks on firearms are only the beginning. They are meant
to erode the freedom granted to us by wise men; much wiser men than
those who intend to erode our current freedom or lack there of.

My simple defense in regards to our right to keep and bear arms comes
from a comparison in our judicial system. It is often said that our
system would prefer to see 1000 criminals be set free, than for our
system to wrongly imprison on innocent man or woman. The same should
be said for the right to keep and bear arms. I would rather see 1000
firearm violations than to see one letter removed from the Second
Article of the bill of rights. Tace et face.

Scott Whitcher

May 23, 2009, 9:50:58 PM5/23/09
to stxgun...@googlegroups.com
You are 100% right on. ...but who are you? I'm sorry, but I don't know who I am writing to.

Thanks,
Scott

PS I also like the South Shore drive, it's actually one of the better perks of living here. I get to do it twice almost every day.