Motion Capture Data of Bicycling on a Treadmill Shared

Jason Moore

Jun 25, 2014, 1:54:08 PM6/25/14
to Single Track Vehicle Dynamics
Hi,

We collected a fair amount of motion capture (kinematic) data of three bicyclists riding on a treadmill doing various maneuvers back in 2009. We wrote a couple of papers on the analysis of the data but never really got to throughly work through all of it. I had a request this week for using some of the code we wrote for the project and ended up uploading all the data to figshare:

http://figshare.com/articles/Motion_Capture_of_Bicycling_on_a_Treadmill/1082512

I hope it can be useful to others that are working similar things.

There is some fun stuff we never looked at like bicycling with no hands at various speeds (see http://youtu.be/7KXQPUsA3ds).

Anyways, just thought I'd share this. Let me know if you have any questions.