Bicycling Research PhD opportunity at North Eastern University

Jason K. Moore

Jan 5, 2022, 6:14:15 AM1/5/22
to Single Track Vehicle Dynamics
See below:

Hello. I’m writing you either because you have published some research on technology and biking, or you are involved in a college cycling club where avid fans of both computer science and bicycling may hang out.

I am looking for potential PhD students who would absolutely love to do research on novel technology to encourage active transportation via bicycling. This is a new transdisciplinary research project that will involve pulling together ideas from computer science, human-computer interaction, behavioral science, physical activity measurement and promotion, and “smart cities” infrastructure. My research group at Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts works on sensor-enabled mobile health technologies (http://mhealthgroup.org), and this new project arose out of that work.

A student could work on this topic by entering graduate school in September, 2022 either through our unique PhD in Personal Health Informatics program or through our traditional PhD in Computer Science. We fully fund graduate students who are admitted to our PhD programs.

If you know of someone who is passionate about both computing and cycling, with a possible interest in research and doctoral studies, could you please pass this note along? Anyone interested can contact me.

Alternatively, if you know of a mailing list or other electronic venue that people interested in computing and cycling read, it would be great if you could forward this note.

Thank you for your time,

Stephen

Stephen Intille

Associate Professor

Khoury College of Computer Sciences and Bouvé College of Health Sciences

Northeastern University

(he/him)

s.in...@northeastern.edu

Jason

Jason K. Moore, PhD
Assistant Professor, BioMechanical Engineering
Delft University of Technology
Office: 34 F-1-140