Bricycle gets some press in Science Magazine

Jason Moore

Mar 6, 2014, 1:17:46 PM3/6/14
to Single Track Vehicle Dynamics
Andy Ruina's bricycle, which he showed off at BMD 2013, got some press in Science Magazine.
We had a leaning tadpole human/electric tricycle back at Davis which had a lock on the lean for low speeds (tricycle mode) and it would be unlocked at high speed (bicycle mode). It was a disaster and only a few could manage the abrupt transition from tricycle mode to bicycle mode.

andy ruina

Mar 6, 2014, 1:22:33 PM3/6/14
to st...@googlegroups.com
Jason et al:  March 6, 2014

Jason, thanks for sharing with the few who could get it.

I found the write up annoying/disappointing in not getting
either the history nor the description quite right, and sometimes confusing.

My own attempt at the description is in this 3 minute video:

(Same as the one linked in the article, if you notice the link.)

-Andy Ruina,   ru...@cornell.edu,  http://ruina.tam.cornell.edu
 cell:         607 327-0013,       Skype: andyruina