drawing exercises

mike

Oct 30, 2008, 9:31:23 PM10/30/08
to Study-HTDP
I am wondering how many of you are doing the various
drawing exercises? Dr. Felleisen recommends using prologue
of the upcoming 2nd edition and using how to design worlds.
Skipping the drawing exercises definitely picks up the pace
but hopefully i am not missing out by skipping them. I do
intend to perform the exercises mentioned above at a future
date.

Grant Rettke

Oct 30, 2008, 10:09:54 PM10/30/08
to Study-HTDP
On Oct 30, 8:31 pm, mike <anesw...@mac.com> wrote:
> I am wondering how many of you are doing the various
> drawing exercises?

I'm doing all of the exercises.

> Skipping the drawing exercises definitely picks up the pace

Agreed.

> but hopefully i am  not missing out by skipping them.

Agreed.

A discussion about how many of the exercises it makes sense to
complete came up on the PLT list. Clearly there is some duplication,
so once you get the point why do more?

> I do intend to perform the exercises mentioned above at a future date.

I took the philosophy that since I'm committing the time to this, I
will do all of the exercises (to your question) so that I won't have
to come back to it later.

This is one philosophy, doing a lot of coding.