Language Requirements

Jovana

Sep 21, 2010, 11:20:01 AM9/21/10
to Study at MESPOM
Dear Mr. Anton
My name is Jovana Djilas and I am graduate student from Serbia. I am
really interested in studying in MESPOM under Erasmus Mundus
scholarship. I have few questions.
1. Is it possible to send IELTS test results after application
deadline?
2. I already have master in Environmental engineering which I gain in
Faculty of technical sciences, University of Novi Sad. Can I apply for
the MESPOM although I have master degree?

Thank you. Sincerely, Jovana.

Anton Shkaruba

Sep 27, 2010, 8:27:47 AM9/27/10
to study-a...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jovana,

you can submit your TOEFL/IELTS results a couple of week after the application deadline, provided that you have taken the test already or will be taking it shortly after; in the application form you'll be asked to indicate what is the date of your examination.

It is fine with us if you already have your MSc, but you, of course, will be expected to explain in your motivation letter, why would you need another MSc degree.

best regards,

Anton

Anton Shkaruba, PhD
Research Fellow
Central European University, Department of Environmental Sciences and Policy
Nádor u. 9, 1051 Budapest, Hungary
http://www.envsci.ceu.hu/
shka...@ceu.hu

MESPOM assistant coordinator, http://www.mespom.eu/

Prajwal Baral

Sep 27, 2010, 3:29:54 PM9/27/10
to study-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anton,

Is there any individual TOEFL cut off score (reading, writing, speaking and listening) to be eligible for applying to MESPOM, the total acceptable score being 88?

Sincerest Regards,
Prajwal Baral, Nepal.
www.prajwalbaral.com.np

Save paper, please don't print this email unless you really have to!

Anton Shkaruba

Sep 27, 2010, 3:40:37 PM9/27/10
to study-a...@googlegroups.com
Dear Prajwal Baral,

there are no formal rules for individual TOEFL bands, but if alongside the sufficiently high general score there is a significant disbalance between the bands, this may attract the attention of evaluators. Usually, if the application is good, the doubts are solved e.g. through phone interviews or examinations of writing samples.

best regards,

Anton

CiNdY

Sep 27, 2010, 10:13:43 PM9/27/10
to Study at MESPOM
Hi Dr. Anton,

In Malaysia we have to sit for Cambridge 1119 English during our
public exam, and also Malaysian University English Test (MUET). Do I
still require TOEFL or IELTS test?

Thanks.

Cindy

Anton Shkaruba

Sep 28, 2010, 9:31:51 AM9/28/10
to study-a...@googlegroups.com
Dear Cindy,

No, you do not need to submit any language certificates then, but you'll need to explain this in the language section of the application form (there is a field for this). I also guess that your BSc program in Malaysia was completely taught in English, which gives you an automatic exemption from submitting a language certificate (this should be explained too).

best regards,

Anton

Cindy Chan

Sep 28, 2010, 9:57:23 AM9/28/10
to study-a...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr. Anton,

Thanks for info. I was checking the info on mespom website and
realized that the online application form is not available yet..
Please advice..

--
Best regards,
Cindy C.

Anton Shkaruba

Sep 28, 2010, 11:28:55 AM9/28/10
to study-a...@googlegroups.com
Dear Cindy,

no, it's not open yet; we expect the application form to be on in the late October. I'll announce this on the website and through this group.

best regards,

Anton