about TOEFL test

ibrahim abdella

Oct 1, 2010, 12:23:14 PM10/1/10
to Study at MESPOM
dear Dr,Anton

i have my Bsc in geology from faculty of science ,Suez canal
university, Egypt, all my subjects and courses was completely taught
in English and also examined it in English, do i have to take the
TOEFL test????
, and if i have but i have not the ability to take this test for
financial problems ? what shall i do???

with my great respects

ibrahim abdella

Anton Shkaruba

Oct 1, 2010, 5:41:33 PM10/1/10
to study-a...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ibrahim Abdella,

you are exempt from submitting a language certificate if all the taught component at your university was in English. You will need, however, to explain this in the application form.

best regards,

Anton

Anton Shkaruba, PhD
Research Fellow
Central European University, Department of Environmental Sciences and Policy
Nádor u. 9, 1051 Budapest, Hungary
http://www.envsci.ceu.hu/
shka...@ceu.hu

MESPOM assistant coordinator, http://www.mespom.eu/

Cindy Chan

Oct 2, 2010, 12:55:36 AM10/2/10
to study-a...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr. Anton,

If not all taught subjects are in English during my BSc. but only the major subjects, but I have been examined during high school public exam of my English hence enabled me to take a foreign language during university, am I exempted too?

Thanks.

Cindy

Anton Shkaruba

Oct 7, 2010, 2:27:45 PM10/7/10
to study-a...@googlegroups.com
Dear Cindy,

yes, since you have passed am English exam entitling you to graduate studies in English, you shall be exempted too. Please, describe your case in the application form and attach scanned copies of relevant documents.

best regards,

Anton

Anton Shkaruba

Oct 8, 2010, 5:12:48 AM10/8/10
to study-a...@googlegroups.com
Dear Cindy,

a small clarification: you shall be exempted from submitting a language certificate also because English is one of the spoken languages in your country; and this would not be enough for applicants from the countries where English is not spoken.

best regards,

Anton

Ami

Oct 16, 2010, 10:51:57 PM10/16/10
to Study at MESPOM
Dear Dr. Anton,

I would like to apply for MESPOM 2011-2013 course and I have some
questions about TOEFL. I don't have yet any TOEFL exam, I should do it
in the next months. On the CEU/Admissions for 2011-2012 website for
Erasmus Mundus program I found the following:

" January 3, 2011 For eligible applicants to MESPOM and MUNDUS MAPP
applying for “Category A” or “Category B” scholarships. Applications
must be submitted complete with proof of English proficiency.
Candidates applying for Erasmus Mundus scholarships are not eligible
to take CEU-administered Institutional TOEFL test."

Can you explain me what it exaclty means? I have to do TOEFL exam
before January 3, 2011? As I leave in Budapest I hoped I can do it at
CEU but right now I don't have any information about exam dates.

Best regards,
Amalia Peloc

Anton Shkaruba

Oct 17, 2010, 9:13:44 AM10/17/10
to study-a...@googlegroups.com
Dear Amalia,

the CEU-administered Institutional TOEFL test is taken already after we have to submit our selection results to Erasmus Mundus, i.e. you are welcome to take the test at CEU, but then by no means your application can be considered for the scholarship. It is desirable that you take your test before the application deadline, but you also can take it shortly after, so we receive your test result by the end of January as the latest.

best regards,

Anton

Amalia Peloc

Nov 25, 2010, 9:33:36 AM11/25/10
to study-a...@googlegroups.com
Dear Anton,

I've got confused right now about the TOEFL exam acceptance.
So, if I want to apply for financial aid I have to have the exam results untill the end of December.
If I'm doing the exam in January and getting the scores untill the end on January this can not be accepted for the scholarship?

Thanks a lot,

Best regards,
Amalia Peloc

Anton Shkaruba

Nov 29, 2010, 4:10:32 PM11/29/10
to study-a...@googlegroups.com
Dear Amalia,

this would be fine if you just indicate the type and date of your exam in your application.

best regards,

Anton