Re: [STUDIOELECTRONICS] CODE - ARP or 303 Filters?

rrooy...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2014, 12:53:42 PM3/2/14
to studioel...@googlegroups.com
Hi

The Arp filter is most defintely distinct from the moog filter.

It is quite a  bit louder. Which is of course confusing why this would be so...so it must be feeding the vca a stronger signal?

It sounds stronger and bolder in addition to the loudness difference. I wonder if this is not some kind of subtle overdrive but that is a subjective assessment so may not be valid. To be clear...it is not fuzzy or distorted sounding.

In some ways it is a bit loke the oberheim lpf but to my ears is better.

I would recommend the Arp filter over all the optional filters...even the cs80.

I think the Cs80 filter would come alive with polyphonic aftertouch...i hope that may someday be implemented.

My feeling is that the Arp filter makes the omega sound as good as a jupiter8.

From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.