MIDI arpeggiator issues with the SE-1x

bassw...@gmail.com

May 8, 2009, 3:45:59 PM5/8/09
to STUDIOELECTRONICS
Howdy, y'all...

I'm the very proud owner of an SE-1x. I also own a Yamaha KX49 MIDI
controller, which I bought for its hundreds of flexible arpeggio
patterns (many of which you've probably heard if you have a Motif).

I thought the the SE-1x and the KX49 would be a match made in heaven,
but it turns out that most--not all, but most--of the KX49's arp
patterns won't trigger the SE-1x! When I engage the KX49's arp button,
the SE-1x will play one note and then ignore incoming MIDI signal, and
it actually takes a second (once I've disengaged the button) to
trigger again. It's killing me!

I know that the SE-1x works flawlessly when triggered by other
arpeggiators (my Triton LE, for example) and that the KX49 triggers
all my other synths (Alesis Nanobass, Peavey Spectrum bass, Korg TR-
Rack, etc.) perfectly.

Anyone have any idea what parameters I could change in the SE-1x to
make this marriage work? My only clue to untangling it all is that the
SE-1x *does* recognize the KX49's drum arps--the non-melodic
sequences. But once I try to get the SE-1x to play a bass, string,
guitar, or keyboard sequence... nothing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Right on,

Elton

James Miles

May 10, 2009, 4:19:11 PM5/10/09
to studioel...@googlegroups.com
You'll have to see if the Yamaha is actually transmitting the individual arp notes via the MIDI out.  (Are you connecting the SE-1x to the physical MIDI jack on the KX49?)  The KX49 *may* only transmit the arpeggiated notes out the USB connection to the computer...  I don't have a KX49 to tell you for sure.  But if you have another MIDI interface, try routing the notes through the computer?

James

James Miles

May 10, 2009, 4:19:11 PM5/10/09