GAZE Online on IFI@Home 🏳️‍🌈 & more

1 view

Irish Film Institute

Oct 4, 2022, 2:00:40 PM10/4/22
to studionort...@gmail.com

IFI@Home Newsletter

View in browser

Now streaming on IFI@Home until Saturday 8th is GAZE Online, an online programme offering a selection of cinematic treats from the festival, including Irish premieres and exclusive online-only material. Full programme is available to view here.

Available now until the end of the month is our Black History Month season, featuring a selection of work by some of the key black filmmakers throughout the history of the medium.

GAZE ONLINE - SURVIVING PULSE: LIFE AFTER A MASS SHOOTING

RENT FOR €7.50

73 mins, USA, 2021, Digital, F-Rated

We said we would remember. But have we…?

In June 2016, Pulse Nightclub was hopping with happy clubbers until the unthinkable happened – a terrorist attack affecting hundreds of people and stealing 49 lives. Remembering Pulse, this film revisits survivors and friends and families of victims, sharing interviews held over a 5-year period, as time passes but wounds remain. Many of these experiences have never been aired before. Courage, pain and resilience shine throughout this moving documentary portrayal of the aftermath of violence.

GAZE ONLINE - DEATH AND BOWLING

RENT FOR €7.50

64 mins, Canada, 2021, Digital

“I want you to see me. I want to see myself…”

Love, sex, death and gender are just a few of the topics in this incredibly bold and imaginative hour-long narrative from Canada’s Lyle Kash. A lesbian bowling league and the struggles of a trans actor form the setting, while the plot evolves into road movie, buddy film, and existential pondering on trans representation in art and life. Did we mention, it’s really funny too? The boxing scene in the desert is one of the most impactful and glorious episodes of trans imagery we’ve seen this year.

GAZE ONLINE - THREESOMES: BURY YOUR GAYS

RENT FOR €7.50

42 mins, Digital

Three new Irish shorts tackle death, grief and haunting via hilarious dark comedy, spine chilling scenarios, and touching fantasy.

Soulmates

Dir. Shona Kelly / Ireland / 2021

Your other half may have been dead for a while but that doesn’t mean romance has to be.

Don’t Go Where I Can’t Find You

Dir. Rioghnach Ní Ghrioghair / Ireland / 2022

A composer haunted by her late lover creates a new suite of music, determined to unmask the ghost of her partner and the guilt of leaving her behind.

First Date

Dir. Clara Planelles / Ireland / 2022

Recently widowed farmer, Tina, doesn’t want her daughter to go back to the city, so when Seamus arrives for date night, she decides to intervene.

IFI Staff Recommendations

La Haine

"This gritty contemporary classic captures the stories of three youths living on the outskirts of Paris and of society, and the conflict and tension that exists between their community and the Parisian police. As hard-hitting now as it was when first released in 1995, this film truly embodies the line “la haine attire la haine” (hatred begets hatred)."

Casey Hynes, IFI Press and Marketing Assistant

NOW SHOWING

6 Eustace Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 PD85, Ireland

Copyright © 2022 Irish Film Institute, All rights reserved.

Manage Profile

Unsubscribe