Novel Fair 2023, Climate Writing, & Autumn Courses

1 view

Irish Writers Centre

Sep 28, 2022, 12:39:27 PM9/28/22
to studionort...@gmail.com
Have a look our new courses, events and opportunities for writers 📚
A chairde,

Attention all novel writers, there are just 2 days left to submit to Novel Fair 2023! Each year Novel Fair introduces up-and-coming writers to top publishers and literary agents, giving novelists the opportunity to pitch their novel to top literary professionals. The application window will close on Friday 30 September at midnight. For more information on how to apply, take a look at our website

Special thanks to all of those who joined us for Culture Night 2022! We had a wonderful series of readings from YWD Alumni William Keohane, Supriya Dhaliwal, Rosa Mäkelä, Sinead Creedon, Fadilah Salawu, Grace Banks, Shane Murphy and Ruth Ennis. Followed by UpLift Writers Gabrielle Fullam, Sinatalahi Batmus and Rafael Mendes, along with our Foundation Participants Rafael Mendes, Charlotte Rea-Patel, Maryam Madani, Sylvia Wohlfarth, and Mahito Indi Henderson. To close there was music from Leila Jane and The Snug Set, and a Bilingual Takin the Mic with special guests Sasha De Buyl and Colm Mac Gearailt.

The programme for Dublin Book Festival 2022 went live during the week, with a collection of exciting events, readings, interviews and talks taking place from 8-13th November, including our partnership event IWC Bilingual Takin’ The Mic. There will be an opportunity for audiences to learn about the National Mentoring Programme at the One to One: Sharing the Craft event with Tríona Campbell, Nidhi Zak/Aria Eipe and David Ralph who will be in conversation with Brendan Mac Evilly. We will also be supporting four young writers to attend and engage with the festival as delegates, to work with a mentor, culminating in a showcase reading. Applications for this exciting opportunity are open until Friday 30th September 2022 at 5pm.

Speaking of events, we are hosting the next session of the Irish Writers Centre Climate Writing Group: Writing for a Change this Wednesday 28th September. The theme for this session is Sustainable Agriculture in Fiction, special guests include author Ryan Dennis and Minister Martin Heydon TD. There is no charge for attending, but do register for your free place in advance to avoid disappointment.

Finally, we have many exciting courses coming up as part of our Autumn Programme 2022Against Originality with Christodoulos Makris starting on 13th OctoberMaking the Most of Online Marketing with Daragh Fleming begining on 15th OctoberWriting Vividly: Making Description and Setting Come to Life with Caroline Green on 19th October and Autofiction with Mary O’Donnell on 1st November. Further details on each of these and further courses are available on our website

Slán go Fóill,

The team at the Irish Writers Centre

Courses

Against Originality with Christodoulos Makris

Date: Thursday 13 October, 2022
Time: 6.30pm - 8.30pm
Duration: 8 weeks
Level: Beginner | Emerging
Cost: €240 (€220 Members)

Making the Most of Online Marketing with Daragh Fleming

Date: Saturday 15 October, 2022
Time: 10.30am - 12.30pm
Duration: 2 Hours
Level: Professional Development
Cost: €30 (€27 Members)

Writing Vividly: Making Description and Setting Come to Life with Caroline Green

Date: Wednesday 19 October, 2022
Time: 10.00am - 12.00pm
Duration: 3 Weeks
Level: Beginner | Emerging
Cost: €90/€82
Online

Autofiction with Mary O’Donnell

Date: Tuesday 1 November, 2022
Time: 2.00 pm - 4.00 pm
Duration: 6 weeks
Level: Beginner | Emerging
Cost: €165 (€150 Members)
In Person

What's On

IWC Climate Writing Group: Writing for a Change Session Four 2022

Date: Wednesday 28 September
Time: 7-8.30pm
Location: Zoom
Price: Free

Turas Book Launch: What to Put in a Suitcase & Tiger Moth

Date: Wednesday 5th October
Time: 6.30-8.30pm
Location: Irish Writers Centre
Price: Free

Opportunities

Novel Fair 2023

Deadline: Friday 30th September, midnight

Details: Now in its 11th year, Novel Fair connects aspiring writers with top publishers and agents.

IWC/DBF Young Writer Delegate Programme 2022

Deadline: Friday 30th September

Details: We invite ambitious young writers aged 18-26 to apply for this extraordinary opportunity to attend and contribute to Dublin Book Festival as IWC/DBF Young Writer Delegates.

Membership

We are once again welcoming members into our building, by appointment only. You can book your slot for a workspace here

One-to-One Mentoring

Are you struggling to complete your novel or could you use a trained eye to help you finish your book of poetry? Have you got a film script underway that needs a professional point of view, or perhaps you’re working to complete a collection of short fiction? The Irish Writers Centre has developed a panel of mentors, published authors and industry professionals to help you make your writing as good as it can be.
Twitter
Twitter
Email
Email
Facebook
Facebook
Instagram
Instagram
YouTube
YouTube
Copyright © 2022 Irish Writers Centre, All rights reserved.
You were subscribed to the newsletter from Irish Writers Centre

Our mailing address is:
Irish Writers Centre
Irish Writers Centre
Dublin 1