KIN – RTE TV Series – Supporting Roles - Character Briefs

Fionnuala Louise Kiely Casting

Sep 25, 2020, 11:09:18 AM9/25/20
to Fionnuala Louise Kiely Casting

Dear Agents,

We hope you are very well indeed and thank you very much for your help thus far.

As you are aware we are delighted to be continuing our casting of 8-part TV Series for RTÉ 1, KIN created by Peter McKenna that will be produced by BRON Studios in North America, Headline Pictures in the UK, and Metropolitan Films International Limited in Ireland.

Everything you need is below. Please let us know the following when suggesting; any date restrictions they have, any options the Artist has which may affect our shoot, and where they are based.

If your clients have travelled anywhere in the time period leading up to the shoot dates and before, they will be required to quarantine at home for two weeks before the date they are needed

.

Please note these roles will be cast from Dublin only – Artists should have a local base

Please do let us know where they are based when suggesting, thank you.

Please make suggestions in the form of labelled CVs and Photos rather than links.

We are committed to diverse, inclusive casting. For every role, please submit qualified performers, without regard to disability, race, age, colour, national origin, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other bias prohibited by law.

We welcome your thoughts and ideas and are most grateful for your help.

We will be inviting actors to self-tape in the first instance, or to meet over Zoom.

Showrunner:
Peter McKenna

Creators:         Peter McKenna

Director:          Diarmuid Goggins

Executive Producers: David Davoli, Christian Baute

Producers:      James FlynnMorgan O’Sullivan

Line Producer: Edmund Sampson

Broadcaster:   RTE 1

Location:         Dublin, Ireland

Prep:                Now – 19th October 2020

Shoot:              October 19th - February 26th (inc. break at Christmas for 2 weeks).

Dates are subject to slight change.

Format:            8 x 1 Hours.

A boy is killed and an Irish crime family embark on a gangland war with an international cartel, a war that is impossible to win. They are out-numbered, out-financed and out-gunned. They find themselves holed up in their Dublin stronghold while their businesses fail and family members and associates are picked off.  But they have something the cartel does not, the unbreakable bonds of blood and family...

They are kin.

WINFRED AREOYE   MALE   50’s 60’s     Ethnicity: Black          Accent: Nigerian 2 Eps. Possibly more.

WINFRED is ANNA’s Grandfather from Nigeria. WINFRED  and his wife took custody of ANNA when MICHAEL went to jail for killing her mother. WINFRED is worried about the negative effect ANNA's father being released will have on her and their family.

 (We are including the WINNIE brief again in case you have any further suitable clients)

WINNIE AREOYE – F – 50s 60s     Ethnicity: Black              Accent: Nigerian 2 Eps. Possibly more.

WINNIE is ANNA’s Grandmother from Nigeria. WINNIE and her husband took custody of ANNA when MICHAEL went to jail for killing her mother. GEORGE and WINNIE are worried about the negative effect ANNA's father being released will have on her and their family.

With regards,

All at LKC

Fionnuala O'Shea
Casting Assistant

Please note: This email is meant only for the person/s to whom it is addressed.
Strictly Private and Confidential. Neither the content nor any attachment/s are to be shared - verbally, in writing or on any public forum.