Daily digest for Extramural Activity, on 2022-09-28

1 view

Extramural Activity

Sep 28, 2022, 2:16:03 AM9/28/22
to studionort...@gmail.com
Site logo image Extramural Activity posted: " The emblem at the centre of this latest version of the 36th (Ulster) Division mural in Glynn seems to be a novel creation, putting together a crown sitting on a blue ribbon draped over a shield showing a (right-handed) red hand, with a garland of sha" Extramural Activity

The Volunteers Who Bravely Fought For Our Freedom

Extramural Activity

Sep 27

The emblem at the centre of this latest version of the 36th (Ulster) Division mural in Glynn seems to be a novel creation, putting together a crown sitting on a blue ribbon draped over a shield showing a (right-handed) red hand, with a garland of shamrock, thistle, and rose.

This is the fifth mural (at least) on this wall since 2008. The only images we have of the previous one shows it in a vandalised state (see the images from 2020 below); for earlier, see 2015, 2011 (Street View), and 2008.

The plaque on the stone to the right reads, "When you go home, tell them of us and say for their tomorrow we gave our today"

The new mural has the following to its left: "This mural was erected by the Friends of the Somme Co. Antrim in remembrance of the volunteers of the 36th (Ulster) Division who bravely fought for our freedom. 'At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

Click and click again to enlarge (to 1200 x 800)
Copyright © 2022 Extramural Activity
Camera Settings: f7.1, 1/200, ISO 200, full size 5616 x 3744

Click and click again to enlarge (to 1200 x 817)
Copyright © 2022 Extramural Activity
Camera Settings: f5.6, 1/200, ISO 100, full size 4572 x 3114

Click and click again to enlarge (to 1200 x 640)
Copyright © 2022 Sabine Troendle (web | Fb)
Camera Settings: f14, 1/250, ISO 200, full size 1772 x 945

Click and click again to enlarge (to 1200 x 440)
Copyright © 2022 Sabine Troendle (web | Fb)
Camera Settings: f16, 1/150, ISO 200, full size 1772 x 650
X10662 X10623 [X01624] X07108 X07109 [X07110]

Comment

Unsubscribe to no longer receive posts from Extramural Activity.
Change your email settings at manage subscriptions.