Which countries care most about violence in movies?

Stephen Follows

Jul 2, 2024, 3:40:46 AM (22 hours ago) Jul 2
to studionort...@googlemail.com

Twitter       Linkedin     Facebook

Until next week...

Stephen

FROM THE ARCHIVES AT STEPHENFOLLOWS.COM

Which countries care most about violence in movies?

I analysed almost 6,000 films released worldwide since 2000. Using data from 44 different countries’ rating bodies, I assigned each film a value based on its severity rating. I then examined the correlation between these ratings and the level of violent content in each film.

This allowed me to see which countries are most consistent in rating films higher when they contain significant levels of violence.

FILM DATA DIGEST
Articles, reports and news from the past seven days

IATSE Agreement Clears the Way to Use Artificial Intelligence as a Tool

Artificial intelligence can be used as a tool, with some limitations, under the agreement struck last week between the major studios and the union representing film crews.

Read more

Kevin Costner says he ‘makes movies for men’

The Yellowstone star says he knows his target audience. Actor and director Kevin Costner has stated that he ‘makes movies for men’.

Read more

How ‘A Quiet Place’ Became One of Horror’s Most Reliable Box Office Franchises

"A Quiet Place" has become a horror franchise with few equals. The third entry in Paramount’s post-apocalyptic series, "A Quiet Place: Day One," beat expectations with $53 million domestically and $98 million globally in its box office debut.

Read more

The owner of Redbox DVD kiosks just filed for bankruptcy, saying results ‘failed to meet management’s expectations’

Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment Inc. — the seller of self-help books, film and television content — filed for bankruptcy after failing to outrun a heavy debt load.

Read more

Tom Hardy doesn't always read film scripts

Tom Hardy doesn't always read the script before working on a movie. The 46-year-old actor explained that he sometimes prefers to learn about his character and get a sense of what is expected of him by having conversations with the director

Read more

Top 10 highest paid actors in India 2024

Who are the most-paid Indian actors? Shah Rukh Khan tops the list as the highest-paid Bollywood star; here are the others

Read more

© Stephen Follows, Erroneous Wit, Somerset House, London, WC2R 1LA, United Kingdom

Twitter       Linkedin     Facebook

Sent to: studionort...@googlemail.com

Unsubscribe

Stephen Follows, Erroneous Wit, Somerset House, London, WC2R 1LA, United Kingdom