The latest news from Young at Art - December 2022

Young at Art

Dec 9, 2022, 11:05:03 AM12/9/22
to studionort...@gmail.com
All that's happening across all our programmes
What's new with Young at Art this month!
View this email in your browser

Dear

The sparkly lights are up, and the holidays are just around the corner.  Here’s a taster of what we got up to in November, and what we have coming up in the rest of this month!

Christmas Bauble Workshops

Celebrate the most wonderful time of the year with YAA!

Join us for Festive Family Fun on 10 & 11 December at the MAC.  Customise a Christmas Bauble with your very own hopes & dreams for the festive season and the year ahead, to hang on one of the MAC’s beautiful Christmas trees.

This is a drop-in event as part of the MAC x YAA programme. For more information, click here!

Life-like Life Drawing

At the start of November, we hosted two life-like life drawing classes at the MAC, just before the Ron Mueck exhibition closed.  Groups of GCSE and A Level students were supported by YAA artist Duncan Ross, to capture their own likenesses of Ron’s work by in the MAC’s Upper Gallery.  Here’s some of the feedback we received:

"I'd normally be scared to go to an art gallery, nevermind draw in one- so this has given me so much confidence"

"Great for adding to my portfolio - no pressure of feeling that I need to get it right"

The YAA Collective

On Sunday 27th November, the YAA Collective took part in a very special music-making workshop in the Oh Yeah Music Centre, facilitated by Cheylene from the band Beauty Sleep.

The Collective got to try all aspects of the song-making process, from writing lyrics to playing instruments. Starting off with choosing their favourite artists for inspiration and settling on a theme for their masterpiece, they then received a demonstration of some music software, and finally got the opportunity to try their hand at writing and producing their very own song. Some future Top 40 artists in the making!

CPD & DEP Training

On Thursday 3rd November, YAA artist Jazzmin McClure delivered an All About Tales DEP session in Stranmillis University College. Trainee teachers received training in the appropriate use of props, key tips for successful delivery, alternative methods of storytelling and how to foster creativity in your children during story-time without losing focus.

And on 17th November, we held an All About Art training in St Michael’s Primary, facilitated by Emma Berkery. The session focuses on giving teachers the confidence to open up art in their classroom to creative possibilities, by moving away from the use of templates to focus on the creative process.

Take a look at some of the participants’ feedback below!

A huge thank you to Emma, Jackie and Annie for a wonderful training day. It has provided me with great guidance and insight for the way forward as Arts Coordinator. – CPD session at St Michael’s.

‘It was a great training day and brilliant that it was relevant for our P1 teachers right through to our P7 teachers.’ - St. Michaels CPD

‘It really expanded my ideas and increased my confidence in the field. It was great to experience activities that I could use in my own lessons. There were so many great and engaging ideas, for example, the ‘this is not a sponge’ game.’ - Stranmillis DEP

If you’re interested in booking a CPD or DEP training session, get in touch with us at educ...@youngatart.co.uk

All that’s left to say for now is that we wish you a wonderful festive season and don’t forget to stay  tuned to our social media channels, for some exciting Festival news coming soon!

From all at Team YAA

The 25th Belfast Children's Festival runs from March 3 until March 12 2023
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
Website
Copyright © *2022* *YoungatArt*, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
mark...@youngatart.co.uk

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list