Book now for Past/Present/Pride 🌈

1 view

MoLI

Mar 24, 2023, 7:59:54 AM3/24/23
to studionort...@gmail.com
Join us on Thursday, 30 March, at 7pm for the latest event in the series
View this email in your browser

“At present I'm conflicted, for I've met an ungainly fork. Of many paths, many roads.

Declan Toohey, Perpetual Comedown, 2023.

MoLI BULLETIN 24 MARCH 2023

EVENT

Past/Present/Pride – Declan Toohey

Join MoLI and UCD’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme on Thursday, 30 March, at 7pm for a live recording of the seventh episode of Past/Present/Pride. For the event, Dr Paul D’Alton will speak to writer Declan Toohey. Toohey was born in Paisley, Scotland and raised in County Kildare, Ireland. His work has appeared in Channel, Soft Punk, and the anthology Queer Love, among other outlets. In 2021 he was a co-winner of the IWC Novel Fair, and he is the 2022 recipient of the Maeve Binchy Travel Award. He is currently an MFA candidate at University College Dublin, where he is working on his second novel under the supervision of Anne Enright. His first novel, Perpetual Comedown, was published in February 2023 by New Island Books.

BOOK NOW

EVENT

Launch of The Book of Trivialities

Join MoLI and Skein Press on Thursday, 13 April, at 7pm for the launch of The Book of Trivialities by Majed Mujed, Kareem James Abu-Zeid (trans.). For this event, both author and translator will be in conversation with writer Paul Perry, accompanied by a performance by oud player Hussein Al Zahiri. Don't miss out – book your tickets now!

Presented with the support of the Arts Council / An Chomhairle Ealaíon

BOOK NOW

MEMBERS

Director’s Book Club

Calling all MoLI members! The Director's Book Club will take place next Tuesday, 28 March, at 5pm on Zoom. For this edition, MoLI's director Simon O'Connor will be joined by writer Patrick McCabe to discuss Brendan Behan's The Borstal Boy. All details in the latest members' bulletin. If you are interested in becoming a member, click the link below!

BECOME A MEMBER

LEARNING

Storytime Sundays

Join us for Storytime Sundays every Sunday at 11am: hear stories from Irish children’s authors, presented by our wonderful learning team. Suitable for babies, toddlers and children (accompanied by an adult). Entry is included with your museum ticket (or free for MoLI members).

BOOK TICKETS
Museum of Literature Ireland
UCD Naughton Joyce Centre
86 St Stephen's Green
Dublin 2, Ireland
+353 1 7165 900
www.moli.ie

Follow us on TWITTER   FACEBOOK   INSTAGRAM

You can unsubscribe from this newsletter.

This email was sent to studionort...@gmail.com
MoLI – Museum of Literature Ireland · UCD Naughton Joyce Centre · 86 St Stephen's Green South · Dublin, Dublin D02XY43 · Ireland