How to achieve your writing goals

Jerry Jenkins

Jun 23, 2022, 1:27:47 PMJun 23
to StudioNort...@googlemail.com

Hey, Stu, one of the biggest fears I hear from writers is that they’re not good enough.

Believe it or not, from beginners to the widely published, every writer I know (myself included) struggles facing the blank page.

The solution?

Commiting to write even when fear plagues us.

One secret:

Immerse yourself in the craft.

Read writing blogs and writing magazines and books, listen to writing podcasts, research your favorite authors, and attend classes and webinars.

Writing is not a hobby, a diversion, an avocation. It’s a job. That means discipline.

And it’s not easy.

The bottom line? Dreamers talk about writing. Writers write.

I wasn’t born a good writer. Few are.

The good news is, you CAN get better at writing.

Read every book on the craft you can get your hands on. A few of my favorites to get you started:

  • The Writing Life: Writers On How They Think and Work by Marie Arana
  • On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King (Be advised: some earthy language)
  • On Writing Well: An Informal Guide to Writing Nonfiction by William Zinsser
  • The Elements of Style by William Strunk, Jr. and E.B. White

And remember: every famous author you’ve ever heard of started where you are—unknown and unpublished.

Writing can be challenging and lonely, and you may have no idea even how to start.

This is why I’m offering free training on Monday with a webinar called 7 Secrets to Writing a Compelling Nonfiction Book.

Let me offer you the tools to start writing a nonfiction book you can be proud of.

Jerry

P.S. We’re limited to only 3000 seats per session for 7 Secrets to Writing a Compelling Nonfiction Book on June 27, so save your spot now by clicking here for either the live noon Central session or the encore at 7:00 p.m.

If you no longer want to receive emails about the Nonfiction Blueprint launch, click here.

To unsubscribe from all future communications, click here: Unsubscribe

Leverage Creative Group, Inc. 2000 Mallory Lane Suite 130-77 Franklin, Tennessee 37067 United States