[New post] Author Spotlight: Belart Wright

瀏覽次數:1 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Morgan Hazelwood: Writer In Progress

未讀,
2022年12月9日 上午9:31:352022/12/9
收件者:studionort...@gmail.com
Site logo image Morgan Hazelwood posted: " It’s a December Author Spotlight Flood! Clearing out my backlog and getting these authors into the spotlight. An Author of Many Books, Worker of Minimum Wage, Avid Gamer, Thinker of things, and Wannabe Warrior Readers, thanks for checking out ano" Morgan Hazelwood: Writer In Progress

Author Spotlight: Belart Wright

Morgan Hazelwood

Dec 9

It’s a December Author Spotlight Flood! Clearing out my backlog and getting these authors into the spotlight.

  • An Author of Many Books, Worker of Minimum Wage, Avid Gamer, Thinker of things, and Wannabe Warrior

Readers, thanks for checking out another Author Spotlight Interview. Let's give a good, hearty welcome to this week's guest!

Belart Wright has many titles, including: Author of Many Books, Worker of Minimum Wage, Avid Gamer, Thinker of things, and Wannabe Warrior.  He is from Detroit Michigan, born and raised, and spends much of his time these days dodging the dreaded Michigan potholes on his way to make the scratch needed to fuel his dreams of being a full-time author.

You'll find themes of transhumanism, duality within man, and character progression in most of what he writes.

Belart, thanks for agreeing to be here today. Most author spotlight interviews start off with the boring stuff, but I know what readers REALLY want to know.

If you could have any pet (real/fantasy/no-allergies/no worries about feeding it) what would it be?

I'm not really a pet sort of guy, but if something cool bonded with me, I wouldn't mind a new companion.  I do like animals and they typically like me as well.

I love that! Consent matters and I would want any pet to be one that chose me, too!

What do you write? And how did you get started?

I tend to write books with a lot of intense emotions and action scenes.  I typically write genre benders but Action/Adventure, Dark Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and Urban Fantasy are the genres I often find myself in. For the last few years, I've given much of my focus to LitRPG and Gamelit.

I got started with novel writing in 2008 when I completed the first draft of my very first novel.  I technically started earlier.  My 6th-grade teacher had us write a story that was a few pages in length but I decided to write a novel.  I ended up with 5 chapters in total and never completed it, but I have a plan to do just that.

LitRPG is getting very popular!

What do you like to read?

I like novels and manga mostly, but comics used to be a big enjoyment for me too. I've been diving back into classic comic runs like Chris Claremont's Dark Phoenix Saga and loving it.

As a recovering webcomic addict and graphic novel fan, I get it!

Name one commonly accepted piece of writing advice that doesn't work for you

Show, don't tell.

Don't get me wrong, it's great advice, but I think it's led to this view of exposition as a dirty word.  Exposition exists for a reason and is quite useful for getting complex ideas across succinctly.  Like with everything, what's key is balance and moderation.  Using exposition cleverly is typically applauded anyway.

So true! We don't need six-page descriptions of every last meal.

Name one commonly accepted piece of writing advice they can pry out of your cold, dead hands

Write every day!

I think this is the most important advice for all authors but especially new ones.

I don't follow this one 100 percent, but when I'm drafting, it's more true than not. Momentum helps, and waiting for the muse can be a trial of patience.

Shameless Self-Promotion time!

Hell's Glitch: Into A Dark Adventure (#1)

Twenty years into the future, an independent virtual reality developer named Fulton Milner creates a deeply immersive VR program that truly fools the mind. Milner's newest industry-shattering creation is a dark fantasy adventure simulator known only as Project DH. With technology that dives so deeply into human dreams, Milner is granted unparalleled access into each tester's mind and perhaps even their very souls.

Sam Nagai thought testing video games would be a dream job until he got saddled with a ton of barely playable mobile games with shoddy gimmicks. Due to poor product and pay, Sam is usually reluctant whenever he gets a call for a new gig, but customers for his art commissions have been scarce and Sam needs all the money he can get. The potential bonus pay for this new gig catches his attention as does the description of the game. Virtual reality, a dark atmosphere and gothic fantasy world, roleplaying game mechanics, and uber-hard difficulty? Sam's all in for that. After all, there's not really any danger, right?

Join Sam on a role-playing adventure where the main goal is survival at all costs, where power and horror commingle in ways that are equally terrifying and addictive. It's a hair-raising adventure inspired by a dark masterpiece, at least that's what Sam thinks.

Story of K: An Infinite Golden Light

Science fiction meets action in this explosive tale of two conquering brothers on a quest to rid the universe of a rogue golden warrior of enormous power.

The brothers, Masked Ones composed entirely of nanomachines, must band together along with the sentient robotic masks of their dead brothers in order to capture the mysterious rogue warrior or destroy him should he prove too powerful.

A short space exploration tale filled plenty of Sci-Fi action and epic fighting.

Join the brothers, Anar K and Nexus, as they do the bidding of their father, the almighty K'OS, and conquer in his name.

Average Joe and the Extraordinaires

On a dark and balmy Floridian night, a strange and mysterious dark-haired woman stalks the shadows of the local college football stadium, on the prowl for secrets buried deep beneath the Earth. These secrets, she knows, may change everything including this small town.

While knocking back illegal drinks with his friends at the hallowed Orangetown Pickers' college football stadium, average kid Joe Black finds himself desperately trying to save the life of a beautiful dark-haired woman after a deadly explosion violently interrupts his fun and games. While trying to fathom why he would even do something so reckless he soon finds himself entangled in a dangerous game of terrorist plots, mistaken identities, hard-boiled detectives, the criminal underworld, and of all things magic as he tries to escape with his life and make sense of it all.

Joe faces many challenges from all new enemies, assassins, and even his own friends.

Can Joe navigate all this danger, escape with his life, and handle his biggest challenge to date, finding something about himself that is truly extraordinary?

Liandra and the Dream Reader

Liandra, a young girl from Lebanon, has suffered from vicious nightmares since she was a child. Her parents have sought every medicine and method under the sun to cure their daughter of her unhealthy mental affliction.

When Liandra comes across a terrifying dream creature and strains herself too far, her parents seek methods outside the realm of normal medicine. In their desperation, they turn to a strange man known as a Dream Reader to help cure Liandra of her terrible nightmares.

Can this gaudy, jewel-loving man and his methods really free her from nightly torture or is there something more to him and these dreams, something unnatural?

Liandra, in her determination to finally rid herself of her nightmares, is prepared to do whatever it takes even if it kills her.

Psy Hunters

Death, Friendship, and Family.

Troy Warwick has a fairly good life thanks to the support of his family and his closest friend, Dana. He lives with no regrets, except one. Why did he treat his ex-girlfriend so poorly? As Troy delves into a fun new game with his nephews, a mystery unfolds in the virtual realm, a mystery, that involves his ex.

Join Troy in the virtual game, Psy-Hunters, a game world where the power of the mind trumps all.

Ueden-Ter is a world on the brink of extinction. A powerful race of mechanized behemoths, known only as Overlords, have forever changed the future of the human race. A new race of genetically altered humans have joined together, led by the powerful Psychics. Psychics, Beasts, Cyborgs, Androids, and Human alike all band together under the banner of the Psychic Hunters' Association or the Military Police Faction to protect Ueden-Ter from the tyranny of the Overlords.

Will their combined might be enough to push back the threat of extinction? Join the battle in the virtual roleplaying game Psy-Hunters. (Ages 10 and up.)

Check out Belart Wright across the web!

Website | (yt) Occult Gaming Channel | Patreon | Goodreads | Amazon

Comment
Tip icon image You can also reply to this email to leave a comment.

Unsubscribe to no longer receive posts from Morgan Hazelwood: Writer In Progress.
Change your email settings at manage subscriptions.

http://morganhazelwood.com/2022/12/09/author-spotlight-belart-wright/