February Update - 2022 Round Up

1 view

Media Career Advice

Feb 1, 2023, 5:02:32 AM2/1/23
to studionort...@gmail.com
View in browser
February Update

January is finally over! Doesn't it always feel like it's the longest month ever, or is it just me?

I've finally gotten around to rounding up what a busy but amazing year 2022 was.  Take a look below to find out what happened.

I'm back into the full swing of things and am getting going with my short courses this month.  I have very limited availability on the first few courses I'll be running, so do book in if you were planning to do so.  Take a look at the email below for dates and how to book.

2022 Round Up

This is a rather delayed look at 2022, but I still wanted to document what an exciting year it was!

We had the amazing opportunity to help fill the production skills gaps by running the ScreenSkills Production Co-ordination for Unscripted TV Programme which saw trainees from across the UK undertake training, placements and mentoring over a period of 12 months.

I also continued running my 1 & 2 day short courses and my free ScreenSkillsScreenSkills budgeting courses alongside the PCUTV programme, also running these for Share My Telly Job and Gritty Talent which meant in 2022, despite only working 7 out of 12 months, I trained a huge 447 individuals!

I got the chance to talk at the ScreenSkills Select Congress about the shortages of production talent, plus I talked to university students about creating an effective CV & cover letter and also took part in the Royal Television Society Virtual Careers Fair.

Alongside all of the training I provided, I also studied for and gained a Level 3 Award in Education and Training contextualised to the screen industries. This was run by Claire Collins Consultancy and subsidised by ScreenSkills.

Take a look at the link below to read more and to find out what I have in store for 2023

Find out more
Production Co-ordination for Unscripted TV

**ONE PLACE REMAINING**

8th & 9th February

By the end of the course you will understand what the role of a Production Co-ordinator is in Unscripted TV production and how to set up shoots, complete financial reconciliations and complete post production paperwork whilst keeping your Production Manager happy.

Organising Overseas Filming

**FINAL PLACES REMAINING**

22nd & 23rd February

By the end of the course you will understand the extra organisation required to set up a foreign shoot and where to go for resources and support.

Find out more
Find out more
Production Management for Unscripted TV

**FINAL PLACES REMAINING**

18th & 19th April

This course is suitable for Production Co-ordinators and Junior Production Managers who are looking to take the next step up to become a Production Manager

Post Production for Production Managers

27th April

By the end of the course you will learn how to manage a post-production schedule, what needs to be cleared, the importance of release forms and what is involved from offline to delivery to keep everything running smoothly.

Find out more
Find out more
ScreenSkills Short Courses
  • Understanding Budgets for Editorial Teams
  • Creating a Budget & Schedule for Unscripted TV
  • Managing Excel Cost Managers
  • Budgeting 101
  • Introduction to Post Production Paperwork
Production Co-ordinator Placements Needed

Can your company offer a paid placement to participants on the ScreenSkills Production Co-ordinator training programme for Unscripted TV?

To find out more information and to offer a placement contact

 plac...@mediacareeradvice.co.uk

Find out more
Find out more
Media Career Advice

https://www.mediacareeradvice.co.uk/

con...@mediacareeradvice.co.uk

facebook twitter instagram

You received this email because you completed a one to one session, took part in a training course or signed up to our newsletter

Unsubscribe
Sent by MailerLite