The Business Side of Script Formatting

Script Magazine

Jul 2, 2024, 2:12:16 PM (12 hours ago) Jul 2
to studionort...@gmail.com
Learn what’s expected and give it to them
It Depends - The Business Side of Script Formatting

It Depends - The Business Side of Script Formatting

As with many things in our industry, script formatting has changed over time, but, there are some things that still have meaning within the screenplay life that, if done wrong or forgotten about, can make it unnecessarily harder for the screenwriter’s career to succeed.

You’re invited to a virtual Open House!

Spalding.edu

What should you look for in an MFA program? How important is cross-genre study, alumni success, faculty name recognition? This hourlong session addresses these and other topics, explains how the Spalding low-residency MFA program works, and includes time for Q&A.

Join Kathleen Driskell, chair of the Naslund-Mann Graduate School of Writing at Spalding University, for this virtual session on Tuesday, July 16, noon Eastern. Sign up now. Registration is free!

A Connection to Community

A Connection to Community: A Conversation with ‘Fancy Dance’ and ‘Outer Range’ Producer Heather Rae

Heather Rae shares insight as an independent producer, producing feature Fancy Dance and TV show Outer Range. Plus she talks about her ethos as a producer, the importance of programs that facilitate systemic change, and so much more.

Writing the New Climate Blockbuster

Writing the New Climate Blockbuster

Who better to set their sights on writing blockbuster screenplays than the foolish dreamers among us?

Is “Manipulation” a Good Word for Screenwriters?

Is “Manipulation” a Good Word for Screenwriters?

If writers are not keeping an eye on how to manipulate our audience, then what the heck are we doing?

Vampires & Joie de Vivre

Vampires & Joie de Vivre

Legendary prosthetic makeup designer Paul Jones talks about his storied career, his joy for creatively pivoting between skills within his department, his thoughts on creating character from a makeup point of view, and his long tenure on FX’s five seasons of What We Do in the Shadows.

Script's Editor-in-Chief

Sadie Dean is the Editor of Script and co-host of Reckless Creatives podcast. She has been serving the screenwriting community for nearly a decade by providing resources, contests, consulting, events, and education for writers across the globe.

Sadie has written, produced, directed, and otherwise contributed to independent features, commercials, shorts, and music videos including projects for WB, TBS, and AwesomenessTV, as well as many others.

FacebookXInstagramPinterestYouTube

Active Interest Media
2143 Grand Ave Des Moines, IA 50312 USA

View online

You received this email because you are subscribed to emails from
Script Magazine

Update your email preferences to choose the types of emails you receive.