WD Week In Review 10/05: 4 Questions To Ask When Writing Romantic Scenes

1 view

Writer's Digest

Oct 5, 2022, 12:04:55 AM10/5/22
to studionort...@gmail.com
This week, the WD team is sharing tips on writing romantic scenes, the art of pre-writing, and more!
Not rendering correctly? View this email as a web page here.

This week, the WD team is sharing tips on writing romantic scenes, the art of pre-writing, and more!

Whether you’re writing a romance novel or simply a romantic moment in your story, M.M. Crane poses 4 questions to ask yourself when writing romantic scenes. Read the full article...

More From Writers Digest

The Art and Craft of Pre-Writing

What do you do when pantsing leads to false starts but plotting feels less organic? Author Christine Wells shares what she calls the art and craft of pre-writing, and a step-by-step system to help you succeed. Read More...

Courageous Discomfort: Thoughts on How To Have Important Conversations About Race and Racism for Writers, Readers, and Other Human Beings

Authors Shanterra McBride and Rosalind Wiseman break down how to have important conversations about race and racism that can lead to actual change. Read More...

Quite the Reward

Writer’s Digest Weekly Writing Prompt

We’re getting into Halloween season, and in my house, that means all the horror and fantasy we can consume! It got me thinking about wish-granters like djinn, and I thought—what if instead of a lamp, the wish granter took the form of some kind of creature?

For today’s prompt, your character rescues a creature that turns out to be a powerful being.
Read More...

Getting Started in Writing

Writer’s Digest University

When you take this online writing course, you'll discover your voice, learn the basics of grammar and examine the different types of writing. No matter what type of writing you're planning on crafting—nonfiction or fiction—you'll need guidance along the way. Read More...

Creating Memorable Moments: A Talk with God’s Country Editor Justin LaForge

A Script Magazine Feature

Justin LaForge speaks with Script about his editing techniques and collaboration with God’s Country director Julian Higgins. Read More...

A Literary Agent Boot Camp: So You Want to Get Published

Writer’s Digest University

Selling your book is a multi-layered process that will introduce you to key players in the industry.In this all-new Agent One-on-One Boot Camp, literary agents from The Tobias Literary Agency will give you the insight, information, and insider tips to navigate this ever-changing and competitive market. Read More...

Michael Woodson

Michael Woodson is Editor of Writer’s Digest. He is the co-host and co-creator of the podcast Book It, where he and his co-host Jill Burket-Ragase talk about books, frankly. Find him on Twitter @MWoodsonWrites.

    Facebook Link     Twitter Link     Pinterest Link     Instagram Link     YouTube Link

Active Interest Media
2143 Grand Ave Des Moines, Iowa, 50312 USA

You received this email because you are subscribed to Writer's Digest Newsletter.

Update your email preferences to choose the types of emails you receive.