📣 Only 19 days left to buy the bank!

Seacourt Print Workshop

Sep 28, 2022, 11:29:35 AM9/28/22
to Stu
Seacourt is raising funds to buy, preserve and revitalise Bangor’s old Ulster bank, but we need your help!

BACK THE BANK

SUPPORT SEACOURT

Hear what our wonderful people have to say about us!
Click here to view our crowdfunding campaign >>>
Dear Print Friend,

Coming into the last 19 days of our crowdfunding appeal we are urgently asking our friends to share our campaign or donate what you can afford. In doing so you will be helping us bring Bangor's old Ulster Bank building back into the community through workshops, exhibitions and events. We want to bring the buzz back to Bangor through sharing what we love-the magic of printmaking!

Since relocating to the old bank September 2021 we have thrown ourselves into nurturing and embracing it as our new workshop space for members to make artwork! As many of our friends in the creative industries will know, feeling a sense of place is vital for creativity, the bank offers this and more.

For those of you who didn't know, Seacourt was founded in the old teaching centre in Bangor town centre 1981 by 2 women with a passion for print. At first they set up shop alongside another community collective and as Seacourt’s print family grew they were able to call the basement premises their home until it was repurposed. 5 premises later, we find ourselves in a similar predicament.

In the heart of Bangor, the old bank building offers artists a place to create, sell and exhibit work, close to transport links and passing trade. The tenacious loyalty our members have shown us during our relocation is testament to the impact we have on each of them. Seacourt isn’t merely a place artists make work but a heterotopic realm of acceptance, warmth and possibility.

But, we need some help to get us over the final hurdle of making this building our forever home. Please take some time to visit our crowdfunding page linked below, watch our video and if you can afford to do so, please consider making a pledge.

SHARE YOUR STORY!

Over the last few weeks of our campaign we will be sharing some of the wonderful stories we have heard from past bank employees, a family member of James Hanna (the architect of the building) alongside the people of Bangor who have generously shared their memories with us. If you have a story, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at
in...@seacoutrt-ni.org.uk
Thank you so much for taking the time to read our appeal. We will honestly take all the support we can, please tell everyone you think might be interested and donate what you can afford.

Warmest Regards,

The Team at Seacourt Print Workshop
Follow us on social media:
Seacourtprints
Seacourtprints
Seacourtprints
Seacourtprints
Vimeo

Seacourt Print Workshop
The Old Bank
75, Main Street
Bangor (Down)
BT20 5AF
Northern Ireland

+44 (0)28 9146 0595
in...@seacourt-ni.org.uk

This email was sent to StudioNort...@gmail.com
Seacourt Print Workshop · Ulster Bank Building · 75 Main Street · Bangor, Down BT20 5AF · United Kingdom