Root cause of error? Uppercase characters in PG table names

CoreyC

Mar 16, 2011, 4:08:21 PM3/16/11
to Studio
I know this is a well known issue: tables named "SomeData" instead of
"somedata" will cause some trouble.

When selecting tables named like this you need to escape them in
double quotes, will we bee seeing support for this in future versions?
I know it would not be hard to implement, or will this be ignored and
passed off as a "name your tables properly" type of deal?

Eric Lemoine

Mar 18, 2011, 10:52:58 AM3/18/11
to studio-...@googlegroups.com

Studio relies on OGRGDAL Python for reading metadata and data from
datasources. At this point I don't know whether OGRGDAL correctly
deals with table names that include uppercase letters. Any information
regarding this is welcome.

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS