Label on class level to be added

Miroslav Novta

May 16, 2011, 3:41:02 PM5/16/11
to Studio
As first I would like to commend MapFish Studio functionality. I am
using it from first day of 0.5 release and i have found it is very
good and easy to use.

I have found there is an feature I need and it is supported by
MapServer but is not by Studio. It is TEXT attribute of CLASS
directive. TEXT attribute overrides LABELITEM attribute from LAYER if
it is set, otherwise LABELITEM is used. It also support a combination
of attributes. For example: ([FIRSTNAME],[LASTNAME]).

I think there should be added a Label selection for class each of
layer as well as layer has. It has to be mapped to TEXT of class.
There should be also option to select none, one or more attributes to
be shown according to TEXT attribute definition.

I need your opinion is it tricky to develop and how to do it? Is there
any developer guide I have to follow?

Thanks for your responses.

Eric Lemoine

May 17, 2011, 1:34:30 AM5/17/11
to studio-...@googlegroups.com

I think it would be a nice addition, and should not be too hard to
develop. You'll need to write Python code, with MapScript, and
JavaScript code with Ext JS. You can fork Studio on Github for your
development. Feel free to inform the group when you start coding, and
ask for further guidance.

Thanks,

--
Eric Lemoine