Responding to the Argus Editorial

Paul Blasenheim

Nov 9, 2011, 11:51:43 PM11/9/11
to students...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

I wish I had sent this earlier, but alas we are here.  The argus released an editorial yesterday that I highly recommend folks in this group read, reflect on and respond to.  Is anyone else planning to respond??

http://wesleyanargus.com/2011/11/07/editorial-students-for-staff-lacks-input-from-those-they-represent/

I am drafting a response tonight, because I unfortunately think they are due by 4:30PM tomorrow.  But, if you have anything to say, I would highly recommend that you write it.  I am very appreciative of the Argus for opening the door for this discussion, one which I think is pertinent to all forms of student activism and the inherent complications within it.  I think we can use this opportunity as a site for reflection on what has happened in the last two weeks, and respond honestly to the critiques they describe.

Hope everyone is doing well!  And plz respond to Virgil's previous email!
-Paul

--
"Our aim is not to conquer our opponents.  We want to win over our adversaries so that they become our allies."
-Henry Spira