Food/Supply Drive Group Update

Chelsea A Goldsmith

Nov 2, 2011, 4:01:13 PM11/2/11
to Students for Staff
Hey all,

Last night we made posters asking students, etc. to donate to the
boxes we left out in the Exley Lobby, near our meeting space, to
benefit staff, Middletown residents, and their families. A few of us
showed up at 9am today to find these boxes gone, but we found new ones
(thanks Weshop!) and by noon we had a full box of food. Right now
there are three boxes of food, two of them full, and signs have been
distributed to staff break rooms informing them of the drive. We have
also gotten about $130 in donations from those without access to
campus or grocery stores to be used to buy food and supplies. The
biggest challenge now is publicity- the boxes of supplies will do no
good if no one takes them! I'd also like to bring up at the meeting
tonight the option of donating surplus (if we determine we have a
surplus) to Middletown Public Schools which are being used as refuge
places. Ola, the other point person for this group, has gotten
approval from Area Coordinators for the boxes to stay in Exley and I
don't know her email so if she has more to add I encourage her to!

Best wishes,
Chelsea G