Projector for visualization

Jeff Shafer

Oct 3, 2013, 7:35:31 PM10/3/13
to student-cluste...@googlegroups.com
Reading through the competition rules, I noticed something new:

"Each team should bring along a projector or other large visual display upon which they are to continually showcase their progress through display of the visualization output from the applications and other dynamic content the team chooses. The contest area is in the public area of the conference and the intention is to attract visitors to the contest activities."

Is this correct?  Last year a large plasma display was provided in the booth for each team, and all we had to do was connect to the VGA cable. Nice and easy, and all the groups looked equivalently professional.  If we need to bring a projector or big monitor, that's certainly do-able if we know in advance and ship it with the rest of the hardware.  (Also, with a projector, who is providing the screen, and where do we even have room for a screen?)

Thanks,

Jeff

Daniel Kamalic (SCC13 Commodity Track Lead)

Oct 9, 2013, 10:35:13 PM10/9/13
to student-cluste...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

That's correct -- we will not be providing monitors this year.

We recommend you bring a flat-screen television or a projector.  A projector may be much easier to transport.  If you bring a projector, we recommend you bring your own portable projector screen, or some other light-colored fabric or solid surface, that you can stand up or hang up against the wall of your booth to project against.  We expect the booths to be very similar in size and layout to previous years -- so they'll be pretty small, but you'll be able to find room in your booth to assemble a screen.

Dustin Leverman

Oct 10, 2013, 8:10:57 AM10/10/13
to student-cluste...@googlegroups.com
We will be providing a 42" display for every team in both the Standard and Commodity track. This monitor is intended to be used to show information about your team members / sponsors and output (Viz) from the codes. You will need to bring your own monitor for use with your cluster.

-Dustin

Daniel Kamalic (SCC13 Commodity Track Lead)

Oct 10, 2013, 8:45:31 AM10/10/13
to student-cluste...@googlegroups.com
All,

Actually, my information was out of date.  We will in fact be providing a 42" display for every team in both the Standard and Commodity track. This monitor is intended to be used to show information about your team members / sponsors and output (Viz) from the codes. You will need to bring your own monitor for use with your cluster.

Jeff Shafer

Oct 10, 2013, 5:21:48 PM10/10/13
to student-cluste...@googlegroups.com
Excellent - thanks!