Open positions: 2 PhD students + 2 Assistant Professors in Technology and Social Change, Linköping, Sweden

Anna Storm

May 28, 2021, 11:49:47 AM5/28/21
to NUCLEAR-CULTURE...@jiscmail.ac.uk, CRIT-GE...@jiscmail.ac.uk, nordic-environ...@googlegroups.com, IL...@segate.sunet.se, sts_s...@googlegroups.com, HIST...@segate.sunet.se, tem...@lists.liu.se, liu...@lists.liu.se, nucle...@services.cnrs.fr

Dear colleagues,

Apologies for cross-posting. We are currently advertising 4 new positions in Technology and Social Change at Linköping University, Sweden: 2 PhD students and 2 Assistant Professors (biträdande universitetslektor). Deadline for applications to all 4 position is 31 August 2021.

The recruitments are connected to two newly funded research projects. One project will explore the formation and understanding of “Nuclear Natures” in relation to nuclear energy production, decommissioning and radioactive waste storage, with case studies in Sweden, Finland and Germany. The other project will investigate “Nuclear Spaces” from a critical heritage perspective in relation to decommissioning of nuclear power plants, with case studies in Sweden, Lithuania and the UK.

Welcome to pose questions to anna....@liu.se, and do consider applying! Please spread widely in your networks.

Full announcements here (available also in Swedish):

PhD student in Technology and Social Change: https://liu.se/en/work-at-liu/vacancies?rmpage=job&rmjob=16428&rmlang=UK

PhD student in Technology and Social Change: https://liu.se/en/work-at-liu/vacancies?rmpage=job&rmjob=16409&rmlang=UK

Assistant Professor in Technology and Social Change: https://liu.se/en/work-at-liu/vacancies?rmpage=job&rmjob=16572&rmlang=UK

Assistant Professor in Technology and Social Change: https://liu.se/en/work-at-liu/vacancies?rmpage=job&rmjob=16571&rmlang=UK

Kind regards,

Anna

Anna Storm
Professor, Deputy head of department

Linköping University

Department of Thematic Studies
s-581 83 Linköping
Phone: +46 (0)13 28 11 86
Mobile: +46 (0)760 94 50 98
Visiting address: TEMA-huset, Entrance 37, Room A425, Campus Valla

Research project Atomic Heritage goes Critical

Research project Nuclearwaters

Research project Cold War Coasts

Please visit us at liu.se

E-mailing Linköping University will result in Linköping University processing your personal data. Find more information on how this is done at https://liu.se/en/article/integritetspolicy-liu

Anna Storm

Aug 24, 2022, 8:26:11 AM8/24/22
to NUCLEAR-CULTURE...@jiscmail.ac.uk, CRIT-GE...@jiscmail.ac.uk, nordic-environ...@googlegroups.com, IL...@segate.sunet.se, sts_s...@googlegroups.com, HIST...@segate.sunet.se, tem...@lists.liu.se, liu...@lists.liu.se, nucle...@services.cnrs.fr

Dear colleagues,

We are recruiting 1-2 postdocs to work on topics related to Nuclear Natures and/or Atomic Heritage. Application deadline 19 September 2022.

English: https://liu.se/en/work-at-liu/vacancies?rmpage=job&rmjob=19863&rmlang=UK

Svenska: https://liu.se/jobba-pa-liu/lediga-jobb?rmpage=job&rmjob=19852&rmlang=SE

Welcome to pose questions to anna....@liu.se, and do consider applying! Please spread widely in your networks.

Kind regards,

Anna Storm

Professor, Deputy head of department

Linköping University

Department of Thematic Studies
s-581 83 Linköping, Sweden

Please visit us at liu.se

Anna Storm

Sep 15, 2022, 5:01:01 AM9/15/22
to NUCLEAR-CULTURE...@jiscmail.ac.uk, CRIT-GE...@jiscmail.ac.uk, nordic-environ...@googlegroups.com, IL...@segate.sunet.se, sts_s...@googlegroups.com, HIST...@segate.sunet.se, tem...@lists.liu.se, liu...@lists.liu.se, nucle...@services.cnrs.fr

Dear colleagues,

This is a reminder about the currently open 1-2 postdoc positions on topics related to Nuclear Natures and/or Atomic Heritage. Application deadline 19 September 2022.

Welcome with your application!

Best regards,
Anna Storm

Professor, Deputy head of department

Linköpings universitet

Anna Storm

Nov 1, 2023, 8:46:59 AM11/1/23
to NUCLEAR-CULTURE...@jiscmail.ac.uk, CRIT-GE...@jiscmail.ac.uk, nordic-environ...@googlegroups.com, IL...@segate.sunet.se, sts_s...@googlegroups.com, HIST...@segate.sunet.se, tem...@lists.liu.se, liu...@lists.liu.se, nucle...@services.cnrs.fr

Dear colleagues,

One year from now, a PhD autumn school and a conference on the theme of Nuclear Natures will take place in Sweden. Please save the dates Mon to Wed, 7–9 October 2024 for the PhD autumn school and Wed to Fri, 9–11 October 2024 for the conference.

Nuclear natures are everywhere. Since the emergence of nuclear technology, it has impacted and been impacted by natural environments, materials and elements, and other non-human entities. In this conference and autumn school, we want to explore the many types of ‘nuclear natures’ that the nuclear age has produced, and engage with existing scholarship showing how both the states of 'being nuclear' and 'being natural' are more complicated than we might initially think.

We invite scholars of any discipline within the humanities, social sciences and the arts, and scholars at any career stage, interested in exploring the theme of Nuclear Natures in an intimate and interdisciplinary setting. We especially welcome early career scholars, and scholars based outside of Europe and North America. Currently, we work to secure funds for a limited number of travel grants to facilitate participation. A call for applications and abstracts will be sent out later this fall.

The conference and autumn school will preliminarily take place in the beautiful city of Norrköping, Sweden, while we are also exploring possibilities to relocate to a nuclear site. We plan for parts of the events to be accessible remotely.

Please spread widely in your networks. We hope to see you in Sweden next year!

Anna Storm, on behalf of the Nuclear Natures team, Linköping University

Nuclear Natures

Professor

Linköpings universitet

Please visit us at liu.se