Issue 1134 in struts2-jquery: Unable to find setter method for attribute: required

struts2...@googlecode.com

Jul 17, 2015, 1:43:30 PM7/17/15
to struts2...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 1134 by uchennan...@gmail.com: Unable to find setter method for
attribute: required
https://code.google.com/p/struts2-jquery/issues/detail?id=1134

(This is for feature requests and bugs in Struts2 jQuery Plugin - for
getting help, please use the User Group.
http://groups.google.com/group/struts2-jquery )

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Create a jsp with struts2 jquery tag defined.
2. Add a date picker field like below:
<sj:datepicker id='accountEffectiveFromDate'
name='accountEffectiveFromDate' parentTheme="xhtml" required="true" />
3. Run the jsp file in a web application.

Expected result: A page with date picker displayed.
What I see instead: Error 500 on my page with the log below in my tomcat
logs:

SEVERE: <JSP Error from /pages/security/managesystemuser.jsp> :
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /pages/security/managesystemuser.jsp
(line: 75, column: 44) Unable to find setter method for attribute: required
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:42)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:443)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:149)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Generator$GenerateVisitor.evaluateAttribute(Generator.java:2882)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Generator$GenerateVisitor.generateSetters(Generator.java:3106)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Generator$GenerateVisitor.generateCustomStart(Generator.java:2276)
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Generator$GenerateVisitor.visit(Generator.java:1768)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$CustomTag.accept(Node.java:1538)

Which struts2 version?
2.3.24

Which struts2-jquery plugin version?
3.2.1