StructureMap and ASP.NET webforms generic handlers

William Gant

Nov 10, 2017, 10:57:03 AM11/10/17
to structuremap-users
Greetings,
I'm trying to tease apart some very old webforms code and get IOC working within. I've configured a MediatR class for a request, and another MediatR class for the response and wired them up with structuremap per the examples I saw on Github.

However, I have to call this MediatR handler class from an ASP.NET webforms generic handler. I'm not having a lot of luck figuring out how to do this. I remember back in the day that I used to use the ObjectFactory class for this sort of thing, but that seems to be gone. How do I handle this?

Thanks,
Will

Stuart Grassie

Nov 10, 2017, 1:23:38 PM11/10/17
to structure...@googlegroups.com

Will,

ObjectFactory is no more, as you will have surmised. There is comprehensive documentation on http://structuremap.github.io/.

HTH

-Stu

William Gant

Nov 10, 2017, 2:11:31 PM11/10/17
to structuremap-users
That helped. Now I've got the basic bits wired in. I'm having a little funkiness getting the object I want to show up out of the BuildUp method when I try to call it inside a handler, but the type is resolving, so it's probably something small I missed. Upon thinking about it, I do like that ObjectFactory is gone now.

Code's about to get a lot cleaner up in here. Thanks for the help.