frame_rate vs resolution

Marco Piccirilli

Oct 2, 2013, 2:59:24 PM10/2/13
to structur...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I'm using the three step algorithm and the OF code  from the svn.
The default setting are for 1024 768 on the projector and 1240 968 on the camera.
With these settings the v4l driver select 15 fps.
Using a higher resolution on the camera I get less fps?!?! right?
To obtain better results what setting I should use:
higher resolution or higher fps??

Thank you

Elliot Woods

Oct 2, 2013, 4:08:35 PM10/2/13
to structur...@googlegroups.com
personal taste dictates
i'd say drop your camera to 1024x768 and see if you can get 30fps. at least this should give you 20fps
elliot

Nathan McCorkle

Oct 3, 2013, 12:00:22 AM10/3/13
to structur...@googlegroups.com

The answer really depends on how long you have to wait for a scan to complete.

Marco Piccirilli

Oct 3, 2013, 11:15:07 AM10/3/13
to structur...@googlegroups.com
Hello
The subject is a human body in a certain pose, so I don't want to let the subject stand for a long time..
I obtained decently results but I have some doubts about how I'm using the code:
On the capture side I saw on the code 15 sec time for the acquisition!?!
Why so long if I'll be using only 3 frame for the reconstruction??
Is there some process between that I missed??
Varying the projector resolution I have to change the parameters like projector rate or wavelength?

Thank you very much for your help

Marco