please help

Marco Piccirilli

Aug 12, 2013, 11:32:03 PM8/12/13
to structur...@googlegroups.com
Hello
I was able to acquire some scans, but the results are not as I saw on the forum.
Here is some sequence and my reconstruction with the decode apps
Most probably is a sync issue, I'm using the camera at 1280 960 15fps
and the projector 1024 768 but with the slider in the projector setting on 4!!

Marco
0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
prova_1280_976-1024_768-cloud.ply

Kyle McDonald

Aug 12, 2013, 11:49:11 PM8/12/13
to structur...@googlegroups.com
1. your camera is overexposed (need to use smaller aperture, or add a
neutral density filter / sunglasses).
2. your exposure time is too short (i can see the colors in the dlp projection)
3. your projector needs better gamma calibration (start by turning the
contrast down)

Marco Piccirilli

Aug 13, 2013, 9:35:45 AM8/13/13
to structur...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Kyle

Nathan McCorkle

Aug 13, 2013, 2:18:33 PM8/13/13
On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 8:49 PM, Kyle McDonald <ky...@kylemcdonald.net> wrote:
> 1. your camera is overexposed (need to use smaller aperture, or add a
> neutral density filter / sunglasses).
> 2. your exposure time is too short (i can see the colors in the dlp projection)

Seems like you could also set the exposure time a bit faster, then
average multiple frames together.

> 3. your projector needs better gamma calibration (start by turning the
> contrast down)

Isn't the contrast (the interface of the bars) what's being used for
calculations though? I thought you'd want the most contrast available.

Elliot Woods

Aug 13, 2013, 3:23:14 PM8/13/13
to structur...@googlegroups.com
High contrast on the camera setting = less fidelity in greys, push
values to either black or white
I.e. it pushes a sine wave to a square wave, which distorts the scan.

You want the black of the projector to be as black as possible in the
camera, and the white of the projector to be as white as possible in
the camera. But more importantly, you don't want any grey value to be
represented as either black or white.

Typed by touchscreen