Differential Logic and Dynamic Systems

Jon Awbrey

May 15, 2022, 1:45:32 PMMay 15
to Cybernetic Communications, Laws of Form, Ontolog Forum, Structural Modeling, SysSciWG
Cf: Differential Logic and Dynamic Systems • Overview
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2019/09/10/differential-logic-and-dynamic-systems-overview/

All,

In modeling intelligent systems, whether we are trying to understand
a natural system or engineer an artificial system, there has long been
a tension or trade-off between dynamic paradigms and symbolic paradigms.

Dynamic models take their cue from physics, using quantitative measures
and differential equations to model the evolution of a system’s state
through time.

Symbolic models use logical methods to describe systems and their agents in
qualitative terms, deriving logical consequences of a system’s description or
an agent’s state of information. Logic-based systems have tended to be static in
character, largely because we have lacked a proper logical analogue of differential
calculus. The work laid out in this series of posts is intended to address that lack.

Note: The links below will take you to the current OEIS Wiki version of a project
I began under the auspices of a Systems Engineering program at Oakland University.
I'm about to be shanghaied into a mess of long put off chores but some time this
summer I hope to get back to revising the text, redoing the graphics messed over
by long ago Mac to PC platform changes, and serializing the content to my blog.

Overview : https://oeis.org/wiki/Differential_Logic_and_Dynamic_Systems_%E2%80%A2_Overview
Part 1 : https://oeis.org/wiki/Differential_Logic_and_Dynamic_Systems_%E2%80%A2_Part_1
Part 2 : https://oeis.org/wiki/Differential_Logic_and_Dynamic_Systems_%E2%80%A2_Part_2
Part 3 : https://oeis.org/wiki/Differential_Logic_and_Dynamic_Systems_%E2%80%A2_Part_3