Workgroup implementation with xmpp

Uday Sawant

Jun 21, 2013, 5:28:36 AM6/21/13
to str...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

We are planning to implement a chat application similar to Olark. The expected requirements are as follows.

  1. one to one chat with an agent
  2. agent can handle multiple chats
  3. a chat queue (If all agents are busy, new chat will be kept in queue and user will receive expected waiting time)
  4. chat transfer between agents
  5. file and screen sharing

I am totally newbie with XMPP and as much as I know we need to use XMPP work-groups (xep0142) for requirement number 3 (chat queue). But as the XMPP site says "it is not recommended to use work-group protocol"

My questions are..
1. Are we on a right path (about selection of XMPP)
2. Can you recommend alternatives for xmpp work-groups? Or should we go ahead with work-group protocol?
3. Can I use AMQP or rabbit MQ for chat queues? If yes please point me to a documentation.

nikhil bhosale

Oct 2, 2017, 1:05:43 PM10/2/17
to Strophe
Hi,
So what was the final decision you took for implementing above mentioned functionality.
Thanks.