authenticate with scram clientKey hash

visionm

Dec 10, 2021, 10:25:19 AM12/10/21
to Strophe
Hi. I am just wondering if it would be possible to implement a strophejs client that would use a clientKey hash in order to authenticate with SCRAM as described in the converse docs.

"Storing the SASL SCRAM-SHA1 hash in IndexedDB

Another suggestion that’s been suggested is to store the SCRAM-SHA1 computed clientKey in localStorage and to use that upon page reload to log the user in again."

Id really just like some way to restore a session like an oauth refresh token.  I know of BOSH session restoration and that is good but I would like to use WSS.

would this be a possibility?