File transfer using strophe library

Honey

Sep 3, 2011, 5:31:12 AM9/3/11
to Strophe
How the files can be transferred between users in a chat using strophe
library in XMPP

Tobias Markmann

Sep 5, 2011, 6:32:30 AM9/5/11
to str...@googlegroups.com

On Sep 3, 2011 8:30 PM, "Honey" <purusho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How the files can be transferred between users in a chat using strophe
> library in XMPP

There are some protocol extensions to XMPP. Jingle File Transfer and its IBB transport method would provide good interoperability and success rates.

Cheers,
Tobi

Purushotham B

Sep 5, 2011, 6:39:03 AM9/5/11
to str...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply,
   But i came to know that strophe does not support Jingle. And the OpenFire server too responds to the Jingle stanza as

<error code='503'
       type='cancel'>
<service-unavailable xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas'/>

How to resolve the issue

Tobias Markmann

Sep 5, 2011, 7:17:01 AM9/5/11
to str...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 12:39, Purushotham B <purusho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>    But i came to know that strophe does not support Jingle. And the OpenFire
> server too responds to the Jingle stanza as
>
> <error code='503'
>        type='cancel'>
> <service-unavailable xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas'/>
>
> How to resolve the issue

It well may be that StropheJS doesn't support Jingle and Jingle
File-Transfer. You could implement it though :). As for OpenFire,
there's nothing it needs to support for Jingle File-Transfer to work
since that's peer-to-peer (or client-to-client). The server only
routes the client's stanzas and for this is doesn't need support of
Jingle.

--
Tobias

Purushotham B

Sep 5, 2011, 7:31:33 AM9/5/11
to str...@googlegroups.com
And one more doubt, Jingle file transfer session has the following steps
1. Initiator sends session-initiate
2. Responder acknowledges session-initiate
3. Responder sends session-accept
4. Initiator acknowledges session-accept
5. Initiator sends candidate-used in Jingle transport-info
6. Responder acknowledges candidate-used message
Now the parties exchange the file using the negotiated transport
7. Receiver sends session-terminate

    Should all these steps implemented as functions in jQuery?

Thanks,

Honey

Sep 7, 2011, 8:53:05 AM9/7/11
to Strophe
Sorry for disturbing,
I am not getting the correct approach for file transfer using
Strophe. Can i know how can i implement jingle in strophe in detail.

Thanks

Jack Moffitt

Oct 25, 2011, 12:11:15 AM10/25/11
to str...@googlegroups.com
>    But i came to know that strophe does not support Jingle. And the OpenFire
> server too responds to the Jingle stanza as

Strophe supports almost no XEPs out of the box, but is perfectly
capable of implementing almost all of them. You just have to do the
work yourself or check if someone else has done it by looking at the
community plugins (http://github.com/metajack/strophejs-plugins).

I would suggest that In-band Bytestreams (XEP-0047) are probably the
easiest way to get started:
http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0047.html

jack.

David Graham

Oct 25, 2011, 10:46:03 AM10/25/11
to str...@googlegroups.com
I implemented In-band Bytestreams with Strophe, the FileReader JavaScript API, and CoffeeScript.

The transfers are slow, but they work reliably. Hope that helps!

Suresh Kumar

Mar 19, 2014, 1:41:01 AM3/19/14
to str...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Requesting your urgent help on the strophe.ibb plugin implementation. The link you provided is gicing 404.

Thanks
suresh

Shahzad Hussain

Mar 21, 2014, 6:44:21 AM3/21/14
to str...@googlegroups.com
Hi David

  The link is not working , could you please provide a correct link ?