NLR

lucv

Apr 16, 2009, 10:58:16 AM4/16/09
to Strongtalk-general
Hi,

I understand the oops model and data structure (very interesting
things done here; take special note on the virtual table pointer
storage and where to add and not a virtual method)

Now, I examine the interpreter code and start to have a good idea what
is going on here. The dynamic code generation for the various opcode
etc.

What puzzles me is NLR. I can not find the acronym for this and
currently confuses me a lot. If someone on this group can explain its
function or has an overview that will help.

Luc

Michael Haupt

Apr 16, 2009, 11:02:35 AM4/16/09
to strongtal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luc,

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 4:58 PM, lucv <laj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What puzzles me is NLR. I can not find the acronym for this and
> currently confuses me a lot.

NLR stands for "non-local return", i.e., a return from within a block.
Does that help?

Best,

Michael