Process error

Dominik Liberda

Feb 17, 2018, 10:43:33 AM2/17/18
to stressapptest-discuss
Hi.
First of all - I'm new to Linux, so please don't blame that I don't know some basic stuff.
I've got Linux Mint on a bootable USB.
I've instaled stressapptest from here https://community.linuxmint.com/software/view/stressapptest , it threw an error at me, but if I click install again, it says program is already installed.
I can run stressapptest in a terminal (stressapptest -W -s 3600), but I got this error message:
Log: Commandline - stressapptest -W -s 3600
Stats: SAT revision 1.0.6_autoconf, 64 bit binary
Log: buildd @ kapok on Wed Jan 21 17:09:35 UTC 2015 from open source release
Log: 1 nodes, 12 cpus.
Log: Defaulting to 12 copy threads
Log: Total 16053 MB. Free 12686 MB. Hugepages 0 MB. Targeting 15058 MB (93%)
Log: Prefer plain malloc memory allocation.
Process Error: memalign returned 0
Process Error: failed to allocate memory
Process Error: Sat::Initialize() failed

Process Error: Fatal issue encountered. See above logs for details.
If I run strestapptest -A or just stressapptest I got same error.
I'm pretty sure I'm doing some stupid mistake, or maybe it's caused by running the Mint on a USB and not on a drive.
I'll be glad for any help, and sorry for my noob Linux skills.

Nick Sanders

Feb 17, 2018, 6:57:58 PM2/17/18
to stressappt...@googlegroups.com
Try specifying "-M 10000"

The error you are getting means memory wasn't allocated. Bootable USB stick images tend to make large ram disks so you probably have less available memory than expected.

--

---

Dominik Liberda

Feb 18, 2018, 1:41:12 PM2/18/18
to stressapptest-discuss
So I tried it, and -M 10000 runs fine. Strangely, if I now run just stressapptest (or with -W) it works just fine too - I have no idea, why now it is suddenly working.
Thank you Nick, now I can properly stress test my RAM.
Message has been deleted

yangxia...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2018, 7:47:43 AM9/25/18
to stressapptest-discuss
Hi Nick,
  What does the "-W" mean?  I want to test DRAM(Not consider cpu cache), what can i do.  thx

在 2018年2月18日星期日 UTC+8上午7:57:58,Nick写道: