windows compile

2013y...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2013, 4:09:27 AM6/18/13
to stressappt...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to build it in mingw on windows. So I just curious if it is possible if I replace all linux only codes to windows ones, like sys/socket.h to winsock.h.

Thanks
Yigang

Nick Sanders

Jun 18, 2013, 5:04:08 AM6/18/13
to stressappt...@googlegroups.com
There's also a bunch of threading and priority stuff that may not be supported on windows. It might be worth trying on cygwin first to see what else might be missing as that won't require any socket porting. If you do get it working cleanly on windows a patch would be welcome.

If you just want to make it work easily, you can delete the contents of the unixy network worker threads, disk workers, extra features, etc., the core memory test itself is pretty portable.

--

---

2013y...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2013, 9:55:38 PM6/19/13
to stressappt...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your replay.

deepak tiwari

Jan 15, 2017, 6:22:53 PM1/15/17
to stressapptest-discuss
Hi Nick,

I was trying to compile this in cygwin i tried installing the entire packages, my requirement is to compile this for windows the stresapptest but i am getting the below error when i try to compile it

$ make
make  all-am
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/stressapptest-master/src'
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.     -DCHECKOPTS -Wreturn-type -Wunused -Wuninitialized -Wall -O3 -funroll-all-loops  -funroll-loops -DNDEBUG -MT main.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/main.Tpo -c -o main.o main.cc
In file included from finelock_queue.h:29:0,
                 from sat.h:28,
                 from main.cc:18:
os.h:21:25: fatal error: sys/syscall.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [Makefile:326: main.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/stressapptest-master/src'
make: *** [Makefile:192: all] Error 2

can you suggest me some steps to compile it properly.

thanks & Regards
Deepak
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to stressapptest-discuss+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Nick Sanders

Jan 15, 2017, 6:51:52 PM1/15/17
to stressappt...@googlegroups.com
I don't have access to a Windows machine, and stressapptest doesn't have a working Windows config. However, if you just comment out every line that doesn't compile it will likely run, although some features may be missing.

---

deepak tiwari

Jan 15, 2017, 7:38:32 PM1/15/17
to stressapptest-discuss

Hi Nick,
Thanks for the quick response.

i tried compiling with lot of different compilers like cygwin,visual studio,mingw,parallel studio but was not able to compile it any particular steps that i can use which can help me resolving the dependencies will be great as i have a tight deadline to meet :)

thanks & Regards
Deepak

thanks & Regards
Deepak
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to stressapptest-discuss+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Nick Sanders

Jan 15, 2017, 8:33:31 PM1/15/17
to stressappt...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately most of the dependencies can't be met on Windows.

So just delete line 21 in os.h, since it failed in your included log. Then compile again and delete any line that fails.

Hi Nick,
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to stressapptest-discuss+unsubscri...@googlegroups.com.

---

deepak tiwari

Jan 15, 2017, 8:37:17 PM1/15/17
to stressappt...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your valuable inputs I was trying the same but it keeps moving to lot of new errors ...will try again 😀

Regards
Deepak

Hi Nick,
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to stressapptest-di...@googlegroups.com.

---

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "stressapptest-discuss" group.

---

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "stressapptest-discuss" group.

---

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "stressapptest-discuss" group.

deepak tiwari

Feb 17, 2017, 6:45:38 PM2/17/17
to stressappt...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nick,

I tried running the stressapptest  will more than 56 CPU i see  the below error , can you guide if this test is allowed only to run for 56 cpu and if i want o make it run for more no  what should i change?

2051/08/08-21:21:58(PDT) Log: 1 nodes, 112 cpus.
Assertion failed at os.cc:129
2051/08/08-21:21:58(PDT) Assertion failed at os.cc:129

thanks & Regards
Deepak

Deepak

Hi Nick,
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to stressapptest-discuss+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

---

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "stressapptest-discuss" group.

---

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "stressapptest-discuss" group.

---

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "stressapptest-discuss" group.

Nick Sanders

Feb 20, 2017, 3:30:54 PM2/20/17
to stressappt...@googlegroups.com
It seems your libc's cpuset has this limitation.

logprintf(5, "Log: %d nodes, %d cpus.\n", num_nodes_, num_cpus_);
sat_assert(CPU_SETSIZE >= num_cpus_);

http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man3/CPU_SET.3.html

If you comment the assert out, cpusets won't work properly but stressapptest will probably run. But, confirm the CPU load in the task manager (?) to make sure that stressapptest is running on all cores.

Deepak

Hi Nick,
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to stressapptest-discuss+unsubscri...@googlegroups.com.

---

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "stressapptest-discuss" group.

---

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "stressapptest-discuss" group.

---

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "stressapptest-discuss" group.

deepak tiwari

Feb 21, 2017, 2:51:35 PM2/21/17
to stressappt...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nick,

thanks for the reply

So do i need to compile the code again after commenting out the assert and then it should run?

Regards
Deepak

deepak tiwari

Feb 21, 2017, 5:28:11 PM2/21/17
to stressappt...@googlegroups.com
Thank You Nick,

It worked .

regards
Deepak

Message has been deleted

lim.yo...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2017, 8:14:36 PM3/26/17
to stressapptest-discuss
Hi. Deepak.
I read your post above.
I need to see the your test result if possible.

Also, according to the message you wrote, you have done compiling with cygwin I understand.
if success, could you share the steps for building this application on windows.

best regards.
PhdLim.

Bryson Zimmerman

Oct 24, 2019, 3:10:49 PM10/24/19
to stressapptest-discuss
I have stressapptest running on Windows 10 using Windows Subsystem for Linux, using Ubuntu. From the Ubuntu shell, I installed the C++ compiler, built stressapptest, then ran it with stressapptest

deepak tiwari

Jun 10, 2020, 1:55:42 PM6/10/20
to stressapptest-discuss
Hi Bryson,

Do you still need the code?

regards
Deepak

Bryson Zimmerman

Jun 10, 2020, 2:18:07 PM6/10/20
to stressapptest-discuss
No, I had the code already. I was providing the steps I took to successfully build the app from the source code.