Malformed XML response from blasts controller

StaceyB

Aug 26, 2013, 12:15:45 PM8/26/13
to streamsend-...@googlegroups.com
I am receiving malformed XML responses from calls to the blasts controller this morning. The complaints start tag and the number of complaints is missing. See below:

    <activity>
      <views>4</views>
      <clicks>0</clicks>
      <unsubscribes>0</unsubscribes>
      <complaints/>
    </activity>

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Chris O'Meara

Aug 26, 2013, 6:43:19 PM8/26/13
to streamsend-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stacey,

You are seeing something called an empty element tag. It is valid XML but it seems incongruent that clicks and unsubscribes show up as zero while complaints are empty.

I will ask the Engineering group to look at making this part of our api more consistent.

Cheers,
Chris O'Meara
Director Of Engineering
StreamSend
--

---

StaceyB

Aug 28, 2013, 11:37:23 AM8/28/13
to streamsend-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your response Chris.

You are right, incongruent was a better descriptor of the issue.  We were also getting tags with no closing tags, tags with multiple values inside them, etc. It changed around the the same time the response changed from 200 to 200 OK.

It appears the engineering group has resolved the issue, and it's back to reporting 0 instead of an empty response. I also haven't had any unclosed tags, multiple values, server timeouts, or server returning empty responses today.

I like the change of returning the blasts in order of most recent first. Just wish there was better change notification.

Thanks again,
Stacey
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to streamsend-api-discuss+unsub...@googlegroups.com.