Issue With People Create().

Charles Scott

Jan 20, 2014, 3:05:44 PM1/20/14
to streamsend-...@googlegroups.com
Help...

Is there some issue with the "pending" status for People create()?

We've been doing this for some time and just noticed this with a new account that when we add a person it will mark them as "active" despite the fact that we submit them with "activate" = "false" and "deliver-activation" = "true".

The interesting thing is that people get the E-Mail saying "To complete your subscription, you must activate it."

Anyone have this issue or any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chuck

--
Charles Scott, President
Gaslight Media

E-Mail: csc...@gaslightmedia.com
Office: 231-487-0692

Mark Armistead

Jan 20, 2014, 3:53:07 PM1/20/14
to streamsend-...@googlegroups.com
Charles do you have any logging or a timestamp for one of the requests. I'm honestly not sure what would cause this if the flags are set the way you describe in the XML.

Mark
Streamsend Support

--

---

Charles Scott

Jan 21, 2014, 11:11:18 AM1/21/14
to streamsend-...@googlegroups.com, Steve Sutton
Mark:

This is debug output from our class that calls the StreamSend API. This was about 8:30 this morning. (Looks like I need to add time-stamps to our debug output.) To add a person we first check the address then submit it. The result was the same as we've been seeing in that it was added as "Active" rather than "Pending".

Chuck

StreamSend API Debug: contactSearch() called

StreamSend API Debug: sendRequest() called with:
audiences/1/people?email_address=tes...@gaslightmedia.com

StreamSend API Debug: sendRequest() Call to curl_exec() completed
Full Response

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<people type="array">
</people>

StreamSend API Debug: sendRequest() HTTP response code returned: 200

StreamSend API Debug: sendRequest() Have text of a response. Trying to parse XML.

StreamSend API Debug: sendRequest() Result of parsed XML

SimpleXMLElement Object
(
    [@attributes] => Array
        (
            [type] => array
        )

    [0] =>

)

StreamSend API Debug: contactSearch() Received good response from sendRequest().

StreamSend API Debug: contactCreate() called

StreamSend API Debug: contactCreate() XML POST request data

<person>
  <email-address>tes...@gaslightmedia.com</email-address>
  <first-name>Test</first-name>
  <last-name>User</last-name>
  <address1>120 E Lake</address1>
  <address2></address2>
  <city>Petoskey</city>
  <stateprovince>Michigan</stateprovince>
  <postal-code>49770</postal-code>
  <phone-number></phone-number>
  <interests></interests>
  <contact-type>Web Contact</contact-type>
  <activate>false</activate>
  <deliver-activation>true</deliver-activation>
  <deliver-welcome>false</deliver-welcome>
</person>

StreamSend API Debug: sendRequest() called with:
audiences/1/people

StreamSend API Debug: sendRequest() Call to curl_exec() completed
Full Response

StreamSend API Debug: sendRequest() HTTP response code returned: 201

StreamSend API Debug: sendRequest() No response provided. Assuming it was not expected. Returning.

StreamSend API Debug: contactCreate() Received good response from sendRequest().

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Charles Scott <csc...@gaslightmedia.com> wrote:

Help...

Is there some issue with the "pending" status for People create()?

We've been doing this for some time and just noticed this with a new account that when we add a person it will mark them as "active" despite the fact that we submit them with "activate" = "false" and "deliver-activation" = "true".

The interesting thing is that people get the E-Mail saying "To complete your subscription, you must activate it."

Anyone have this issue or any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chuck
--

---

Mark Armistead

Jan 21, 2014, 11:16:49 AM1/21/14
to streamsend-...@googlegroups.com, Steve Sutton
Hi Chuck,

Our developers have found the issue and are working on a fix. It may be a little bit before we get the fix tested and deployed. I'll send you an email directly when I can confirm it is fixed.

Mark
StreamSend Support