test() call doesn't send test. Getting "422 Unprocessable Entity"

Boris Kosov

Sep 3, 2013, 4:42:37 PM9/3/13
to streamsend-...@googlegroups.com
We are trying to send a test blast.
/audiences/1/blasts/test.xml

Sending:
<blast>
<from>
<name>[company name]</name>
<email-address>newsletter@[company-domain]</email-address>
</from>
<to>[working-email-address]</to>
<subject>Test: New this week</subject>
<email-id>549</email-id>
</blast>

email-id 549 exists and fine.
It was scheduled...

Trying to send a test, before it went out. Getting error:
Array
(
[Date] => Tue, 03 Sep 2013 20:35:51 GMT
[Server] => Apache
[Cache-Control] => no-cache
[X-UA-Compatible] => IE=Edge,chrome=1
[X-Rack-Cache] => invalidate, pass
[X-Request-Id] => 996ee11f54bc98cf27e87a498fcda4ec
[Set-Cookie] => _session_id=4137fddc25859375ebd8fe43da5d2a15; path=/; HttpOnly
[Status] => 422 Unprocessable Entity
[Vary] => Accept-Encoding
[Connection] => close
[Transfer-Encoding] => chunked
[Content-Type] => application/xml; charset=utf-8
)

Tried sending tests to multiple domains, including gmail - didn' go through :(

Anyone? What's my problem?

Chris O'Meara

Sep 4, 2013, 7:12:49 PM9/4/13
to streamsend-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Boris,

Can you send the exact XML document you used in your request and the exact response, including the body, you received?

You can email it to me directly if you feel any of the information is sensitive.

Cheers,
Chris O'Meara
Director Of Engineering
StreamSend

--

---

Boris Kosov

Sep 5, 2013, 9:24:10 AM9/5/13
to streamsend-...@googlegroups.com
Chris,

Thanks for your reply.
When I was generating XMLs for you I realized that the feature started working - I am getting test messages on all the tests addresses I have :)

What I think have happened is that our account wasn't fully validated on StreamSend - we've just switched from trial to live account, and had no live blasts sent yet. Yesterday I had to sent messages to our test list as normal mailings, they went out... and I think that triggered something in StreamSend to allow blast test() to go through :)

Anyway, again, Chris, thanks for willing to help :)

Boris
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to streamsend-api-discuss+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Chris O'Meara

Sep 5, 2013, 10:41:22 AM9/5/13
to streamsend-...@googlegroups.com
That's great news Boris.

For future reference the StreamSend API sends error messages in the body of response when the status code is 422. Those errors may give you an indication of why the system didn't accept your request.