What about performance ?

nicola...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2007, 8:56:32 AM2/5/07
to streamcruncher
Hi Ashwin,

I just found out the existence of your event processor.
Gosh, I've spent 6 months developing a similar product for my own
company...
I wish I knew this existed before, lol !

Do you have any performance results ?

I'll take a look at it, because it looks very interesting.

Thanks for this great design.

Nicolas

Ashwin

Feb 5, 2007, 8:29:30 PM2/5/07
to streamcruncher
Hi Nicolas,
I'm sorry I don't have any Numbers. I don't have access to a good
Multi Proc machine. All I have is a 1.6 Gig Hz Laptop and I can't run
any decent tests because the Load/Data generator itself consumes most
of the CPU. Most of the operations are in-memory, including the DB and
there is little Disk-wait time for any Thread and so they compete
vigorously among themselves.

The Kernel is Multi-Threaded and so one should see good perf on good
hardware.

Regards,
Ashwin.