streamcorpus thrift definition update

John Frank

Dec 2, 2013, 1:51:12 AM12/2/13
to stream...@googlegroups.com
users of the streamcorpus interfaces,

Now that TREC 2013 is complete, we are switching the master branch of the github repo for streamcorpus to the v0.3.0-dev branch, which has been in use in development environments since last spring.

The one change that is not backwards compatible is changing mention_id from i16 to i32.  Thrift lacks type promotion, so this change prevents clients compiled against these different versions from reading each other's messages.

If you are using streamcorpus in a project, and this causes you any issues, please contact me offlist.

This new version will be used in TREC 2014 and has been expanded to support tools like Serif and other corpus metadata generators operated by the https://github.com/trec-kba/streamcorpus-pipeline

John