epoch and zulu

Jeroen Vuurens

Dec 3, 2014, 6:55:43 AM12/3/14
to stream...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm currently looking at the 2013 KBA corpus, in which StreamItem has a double epoch_ticks and String zulu_timestamp. I'd like to convert the estimated creation times of documents to unix time. Am I correct when I can just do (long)getStream_Time().getEpoch_ticks()? Or do I need to do something with the Zulu timestamp?

thanks, Jeroen

John Frank

Dec 3, 2014, 10:28:43 PM12/3/14
to stream...@googlegroups.com

Yes, the epoch_ticks is seconds in the epoch since 1970.

The zulu_timestamp is computed from the epoch_ticks.  And for portions of the 2013 corpus, the two are off by an hour because of a timezone locales  error.  This caused the stream_id, which starts with epoch_ticks,  to disagree with the date_hour directories --- in some cases.

jrf