european strawbale online network launch

be peace

Aug 19, 2008, 8:20:52 AM8/19/08
to Rachel Shiamh, rae parkinson, Ramatoo, Rasto Micaník, riccardo chiusi, Richard, Rita Guerreiro, Rizo, Robin01 ujfalusi, Rowan Simonsen, silvia onnis, sissy hein, stefano soldati, strawbale_europe, straw_ambassadors, straw_turkey, Tamera, Tamir, tomas_halenkov, TOMlehm, tuna, ufuk, Ulrich Cotterlaz, Uta Herz, varvara, victor, volker, yuri radomisli, Zdruzenie socialnej sebaobrany, zuzana kierulfova, SB-...@yahoogroups.com, practi...@yahoogroups.com, gs...@greenbuilder.com, stra...@listserv.repp.org

'
Dear strawbale friends & friends of strawbale friends!

Some two weeks ago i was hit by a sudden wave of inspiration and i-can-do-it kind of feelings and i have decided that it was high time we had a united european strawbale networking webpage:)  I  also decided that it shouldn't be hard to make it happen and that it should be a completely open self-organised web that will be a true expression of our strawbaling community, that needs no management from outside. So here it comes! I came to Denmark to visit my friend Charlotte and shared my excitement with her and she offered to help. So now we have a wonderful domain www.strawbale-net.eu and me and Karen (colleague of Charlotte) are working on the design of the web-site.

The main purpose of the web is to connect ourselves - strawbaling people across the continent - and to give a good tool to the strawbale interested public. This should be an easy to use, clear web where people can find contact for all the strawbale builders, all the products connected with sb building, find all the events connected to sb building and find their way to the other webs where they can learn more about straw.
As we see and feel it right now the site should have a searchable directory of all the strawbale people in Europe, a calendar of different strawbale events, email list, blog where people can post anything concerning the straw and who knows - perhaps there will be need and will amongst us to add more functions and features in the future!

As I already mentioned we already have the domain and we paid for the coming years' registration, we also have a designer and person who can be part of setting up the web - this is my danish friend Karen.
- We are still looking for somebody who has knowledge of either joomla or drupal cms and who would be willing help with setting the web up. You would not be alone doing this, but we also don't want to be alone doing it :)!!!
- The next thing we need and that we don't have is some nice pictures of straw, strawbales, strawbale houses and buildsites, and happy strawbaling people.
- Also we need somebody who feels excited about the whole idea to write a welcome page for the web. I would of course give all the background information needed and support u in whichever way in doing this.

The kind of pictures we need now to create the identity of the web:
- nice details of straw as a natural material
- details of sb houses which don't show a specific house but represent an ideal of a sb house
- some pics from sb builds with tools in them
- some pics from sb builds with people in them (preferably unknown faces:)
- some landscape pics with grain/straw/strawbale fields
If u r willing to share some of the pictures from your archive u are most welcome to send them to both me and Karen (seed4...@yahoo.com, ka...@antiflex.net). We need pictures that are copyright-free or that u personally made and are willing to share free of charge - of course we would quote the source of the pics.

As soon as the web will be on I'll send the word out, I hope this will be soon and I'm looking forward to be connecting with all of u folks! Please feel free to connect if u have anything to contribute with:)

love&straw all around
yours
nora kasanicka