Club activities - Suggestion/request Strava API V3

Daniel Crone Jensen

Feb 18, 2021, 10:54:17 AM2/18/21
to Strava API
Hi developers of Strava

I am using your API V3 to extract data from my Strava Club, which work very well! Even though I’m having some suggestions/request to additional dimensions/informations to add to the Club activities api. Something I’m missing is
* the date of the activity
*athlete identification code due to club members with same first and last name.

The idea is that we want to start a club at the company I’m employed, so if these additional informations can be added to the API, I will suggest the entire company to sign up to Strava and join the club.

I hope you can help me. Thanks

Best regards/Med venlig hilsen
Daniel Crone Jensen
CGI Denmark

Adrien rm

Feb 18, 2022, 4:31:17 AM2/18/22
to Strava API
Hi Daniel,

I have the same need as you, the only solution I managed to find, and to timestamp my refresh and I take as a reference the refresh time (every hour).
Are you extracting from Sheet?

Matti Wenell

Apr 20, 2022, 6:17:24 AM4/20/22
to Strava API
Date of activity is definitely something that is needed in API!

Daniel Rodrigue

Nov 19, 2022, 4:45:07 PM11/19/22
to Strava API
I also need this so much! My approach was to build a compound key with name, activity name & type, distance and duration. I then compare the response's activities with my recorded data and comparing with that key, which is really a weak approach but the best I could do with the data that Strava is giving us. If they could also just provide the activity ID, that would be so much better. I hope they will hear us and make those little enhancements.

Gareth Henry

Dec 29, 2022, 12:01:01 PM12/29/22
to Strava API
I am in the exact same situation. I can't distinguish between athletes with the same name, and I can't associate their activities with a specific datetime.

I'd like to keep running weekly/monthly distance totals per sport type so that we can give internal shoutouts to our top athletes. I'd also like to be able to collect enough data over each year to calculate our most improved athlete, or most consistent athlete, or even do things like call out our early morning athletes or late night athletes.  I also want to keep track of how many times we've "travelled" around the world.

The clubs/{id}/members/ and clubs/{id}/activities/ end points seem to give very little data.

Joe Barrett

Jan 3, 2023, 6:46:32 AM1/3/23
to Strava API
I'm having this exact same set of challenges while trying to build a similar service. I posted on their new Developer Forums here (https://communityhub.strava.com/t5/developer-discussions/club-api-feedback-and-improvements/m-p/4996#M32). It seems like a fairly trivial thing to add and would be so useful for letting clubs build meaningful applications.

LE CAO CUONG

Nov 23, 2023, 5:41:56 AM11/23/23
to Strava API
Hi all,
I've follow this topic, but i don't know it has solution not yet?
Thanks,