Strava API 409 error

Buneme Kyakilika

Jan 11, 2023, 2:08:58 PM1/11/23
to Strava API

Hello,

I'm using the Strava API to post activities for my users onto their strava account. However, every so often I get a 409 error back from strava when I try to create an activity. I know this means that an activity already exists at that time for that user, but the user in question had no conflicting activity.

For example, at the following time: 2023-01-09T15:35:25.225Z,

I sent a POST request to create an activity and got a 409 error back. The start_date_local was "2023-01-09T15:00:20+00:00", and the user's latest activity on their strava account was 4 days before this activity, so there can't be a conflict. Does anyone know what's going on here? I've done so much research but can't see the issue? Thanks!