Retrieve Activities for Different Athlete

Tim Heuer

Jan 14, 2016, 2:19:58 PM1/14/16
to Strava API
I have an app that I want to retrieve a list of activities (public of course) for any given athlete ID.

I'm not seeing the obvious way of doing that using the current publically documented API.

What is the flow I'm missing?

-th

Lou King

Jan 14, 2016, 3:04:59 PM1/14/16
to Strava API
I want to do this, too. Sorry for the noise but I'm posting to see any positive responses. As far as I can tell, though, this functionality is not available on the api, even though it is available on the web interface. When I try to retrieve an athlete's activities like https://www.strava.com/api/api/v3/athletes/<athleteid>/activities?access_token=<my token> I get back {u'errors': [], u'message': u'Authorization Error'}

Chris Donahue

Jan 14, 2016, 3:32:06 PM1/14/16
to Lou King, Strava API
Correct, you cannot retrieve a list of an arbitrary athlete's activities. You can get activities for the people the authenticated athlete is following: http://strava.github.io/api/v3/activities/#get-feed, or activities related to a given activity: http://strava.github.io/api/v3/activities/#get-related

Lou King

Jan 15, 2016, 6:43:24 AM1/15/16
to Strava API, lous...@gmail.com
Can this be added? It seems like many people want this, e.g., https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/strava-api/Lou$20King/strava-api/-YPOj_Rs8Ko/AZPx9XmGDQAJ

We are only asking for the public data to be exposed on the api.

I believe there are a lot of valid use cases for this, and since the data is public there is no security issue.